• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bosses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
UPDATE #1 - Version 0.1

- First boss created: Gry!
- All neccessary things created.

Erdox1.jpg
Erdox2.jpg
Erdox3.jpg

UPDATE #2 - Version 0.2

- A new boss: Gry!

Gry1.jpg
Gry2.jpg
Gry3.jpg

UPDATE #3 - Version 0.2a

- You are now able to restart on the current boss you died on.
- Changed the "Fear the Fire" abilitys' hotkey from Q to W.
- Added an Update-log.

PickOption.jpg

UPDATE #4 - Version 0.3

- A new boss: Gyros!

GyrosIntro.jpg
Volcano.jpg

UPDATE #5 - Version 0.3a

- Added the -skip command. This command alows you to auto-kill your current boss.
- Decreased Gry's power.
- Decreased the Lava Spawns HP from 20 to 16.

UPDATE #6 - Version 0.3b

- Removed ALL leaks!!
- Changed ability position with Throw Axe[X=1, Y=2] and Blink[X=0, Y=2].

UPDATE #7 - Version 0.3c

- You are now able to pick up runes again at the third boss.
- Gyros teleport speed decreased from 20.00 to 15.00.
- If Gyros HP is less than or equal to 20% then will he spawn a volcano every 10.00 second.
- Gry's attack cooldown decreased from 4.00 to 3.00.
- Fixed a huge bug at the third boss.
- Fixed a Special Effect glitch.

UPDATE #8 - Version 0.3d

- You will no longer being damaged at the start of the third boss. (I think)
- Gyros restart spawn is no longer glitched.
- Items will be respawned when you retry a boss.
- Fixed huge glitch with the first boss. (Very rare)

UPDATE #9

- Believe it, or not. But I successfully created a Minimap Preview! :D

MinimapPreview.jpg

UPDATE #10 - Version 0.4BETA

- New boss in a BETA stage, you are not able to kill him, just fool around.
- You are now invulnerable to lava/ice when you have killed a boss.

Blizzy1.jpg
IceSpam.jpg
WatchOutTheWind.jpg
Loading Screen:
LoadingScreenVersion0.4.jpg

Remember that the old version still are able to being downloaded, if you don't want the BETA version (may be glitched).

Please: If you found any glitch, tell me wich version it was.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Attachments

• UltimateBossesProtectedVersion0.3d.w3x
    3.7 MB · Views: 97
  • UltimateBossesProtectedVersion0.4BETA.w3x
    3.8 MB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 8
I liked it, maybe turn up the damage of your axe throw, and the damage of his fire volleys. One thing i noticed though, the thunderclap thing that he does after every couple fire volleys doesn't even seem to hit you, maybe crank up the range on that a little bit. I've only played it three times, first two, i didnt even notice the Axe Throw Icon, so i got murdered on my first two tries, third time, I made it to where he starts summoning the meteors, that is ridiculous (in a good way), but my one suggestion for that is that you might want to indicate (with a flame strike effect perhaps) what platforms that the meteors are going to fall on, because the way it is, players have low to none reaction time, and are almost assured to get hit by it if it falls on their platform.

Other than that, it was actually pretty fun, I'd gladly test out your upcoming bosses for you!

Level 8
downloading as we speak (slow internet ftw!) soon as it finishes ill test and edit into this post. Download at 29% and climbing!

EDIT: Good god...after three attempts i finally realized what you have to do...and in my honest opinion, of all the games i've played, that is by far one of the most unique boss fights in all of WC3dom. I don't have enough time to test again atm cuz im headed to drivers ed in a sec, but im DEFINATELY playing this when i get back...fun as hell, and challenging to, only thing i can say that you could even remotely improve on is, maybe give his flame strike a longer casting time, so players have a little more of a heads up. Other than that, this boss fight is ridiculously fun. This has inspired me, and the more i think about making a few bosses of my own, the more fun it sounds, so i might have to challenge you to a boss fight contest one of these days ;)

EDIT2: a few things to change, first, i think a little terrain variation would do your map good, just go over it with the raise tool so its not so flat and plain. Second, while fighting gry, both of your abilities have the same hotkey, gotta fix that. Finally, I think Gry might be a tad hard, i always end up dying when he summons a bunch of lava spawns. Also, something that would make the game a lot more fun to play would be something that will let you continue if you die, or like a password or something thatll let you go straight to Gry, cuz after dying so many times on him, im sick of fighting Erdox just to get back to him and try again. Other than that, keep up the good work, and whens the third boss gonna be done you think?

Last edited:
Level 12
Well, I am creating a map that contains some "hard"(or whatever you think) Bosses. Now I want you to try beat the first boss in my map. When you have tried the map once or twice, put a comment here, and tell me:

Was it to hard/easy?
Find any glitch?
Fun/Boring?
Feedback?
Any Idea?
ANYTHING! :)

>>THE MAP IS PROTECTED<<

UPDATE #2:

Ok, the new Boss is ready to vs you :) This one was pretty fun to fight against. I killed him when I had 14 HP left ^^ Well, I was very lucky all the time... Try kill him, but you have to kill Erdox first :)

Check the pics before downloading the map #2.

hm there already exist a ultimate bosses map-.-

Level 8
Well, i've been tryin all day yesterday and all day today and i cannot beat Gry, So i really cant give you c&c on Gyros. Maybe increase the time between Gry's lava spawn/flame strike, and make his attack speed slower? Or just one or the other, but he needs to be easier for sure.

Level 15
Wow You were just updating it as I was trying to DL it. amazing timing. I'll try the new one as soon as its done DLing and leave my comment here.

Edit: The first boss was good, the second boss was too hard, the third boss was too ez. On the third boss you cant pick up runes, and it is way to easy. You can just stand right infront of him and deflect it back in his face everytime. I suggest as his health gets lower make him shoot much faster and more often, teleport more, and at the end make more volcanos appear/disapear at random in the area. I'm not sure if you were done with the last boss yet, but thats my comments.

I think the file size is too big too, I mean i didnt notice alot of custom sounds or models..

Last edited:
Level 19
New small update > Leak removes.

(Version: 0.3a > 0.3b)

EDIT #1: Sephirot_VII, the third boss is done with triggers, but he is not balanced. I will do that he will teleport more often, create more volcanos, and fire faster(maybe). I am updating the map right now, and will put it here soon.

EDIT #2: "I think the file size is too big too, I mean i didnt notice alot of custom sounds or models.."
It's imported music, turn on the music and you will see :) (Ctrl + M)

EDIT #3: New update done, read above!

(Version: 0.3b > 0.3c)

Last edited:
Level 8
Well, I beat Gry finally, and Gyros was fun at first, the idea is pretty good, but it's a little hard to aim with the defend ability. Also i have a pretty good list of bugs i found,
1: When i died on Gyros and retried, i didnt start at full health
2: When you retry, glyphs dont respawn.
3: When I retried on Gyros, he started off in the cliffs surrounding his area, and never teleported down.

Level 19
Xzife_TD01,

1: I'll check that. Done(?)
2: I know, I may fix that in next version, or else, others. Ok, I fixed it now, download the new update. :) (Version 0.03d)
3: ?? :O Done.

Keep watching for bugs/glitches! ;)

EDIT #1: Working on the #4 boss now :p

EDIT #2: I have added a Minimap Preview now! :) I don't know how to create a loading screen :( But I'll learn!!

EDIT #3: Having some problems with the #4 boss, but I can handle it! :p

Last edited:
Level 8
well, im playing the game as we speak, i havent made a second attempt at gyros yet, but ima get to that in a few min, in the meantime, i found a small bug on gry, in the top right corner of the arena, to the direct northeast of the upper rightmost crater, there is a spot that you will take damage as if you were standing in lava, even though you arent standing in it. Its almost to the upper right hand lip of the crater, between the mountains and the crater itself. Ill edit this post when i beat gyros and let you know what i think.

EDIT: Its fun for the most part, but it gets repetitive very quickly, turn this way, defend a few times, dodge a volcano, repeat, maybe find a way to add more to this boss. Also, i noticed a small bug, if somehow, you are careless enough to die AFTER you have killed a boss, you know, from like lava or something, then the portal effect that appears after you kill a boss doesnt disappear, gotta fix that.

Last edited:
Level 19
Thank you for searching bugs. About take damage thing, I can't find it. But anyway, it should be fixed now...

And I may improve the third boss abit, but not now, currently I am working on the #4 boss. I am working slower than normal, because I have been some inactive. But I'll get back to work on this map soon enough, tomorrow. :)

In the next update, you'll be immune by lava when the boss is dead, just a "safe" thing.

EDIT #1: New version avaiable, but it's only a BETA version, that contains a little of the half-finished #4 boss.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.