• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Boss Spell Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi, I'm new here and i hope i didn't post this in the wrong place, anyways.

I've been working on a boss in a dungeon style map. The spells that i coded were:

• Event:Every 2.00 seconds of game time
  • Conditions:
  • Actions: Unit- Order Boss to Undead Crypt Lord - Impale(Position of (Random unit from(Units in Boss Arena)))
This was initially off and enabled when a unit entered the entrance of the boss arena. I've checked everything and i can't seem to find out why it doesn't work. I've also tried making the boss learn the spell and adding the spells in Abilities-Normal but it still won't cast the spells when I fight it.

Please help!

Level 2
Yeah Increase that timer! Cause to be honest - every 2 second impale would be so OP, seeing as the stun it induces is like 2 seconds, you won't be able to move if the boss is supposed to do it permanently :p

As for the trigger not working - What Seriousenemy said ^_^

Level 2
Hmm... Ok that sounds like a good place to start, I'll look into it and play around with the config, as for the boss being in the unit group, the boss is classified as being under heroes, does it matter if it is in units? Th boss has adequate mana as well

Level 2
OK i have a new problem, when you order the boss to attack a unit, you get a screen with all the spells, like:
Crypt Lord- Impale
so the question is, How do you load your own spells?

^ok thanks, didn't know that

Level 2
maybe you could edit the original spell? :p I too have not found a way to import you own spells into a trigger like that -_-'

Status
Not open for further replies.