• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Boss Spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello guys, i would to trigger the bosses spells in this way.
Have only 4 default units spells(and give them to the bosses, 4 spells whole, but each boss spell does a different thing based on who casts it)
And for each boss when he casts one of the spells, it does some sort of effects.
Is it possible or it will bug the game if 2 bosses cast one spell in the same time, even if their unit is different?
Bosses are unique in the map, only 1 of each at a time. Also, i would plan to use the unit that is already placed (bosses are already placed before map starts), and when i make the spells, instead of using a variable to refer to [trigering unit, dying unit, attacked unit etc] , i would directly select the hero, is that ok, or if the hero dies and respawns the triggers will get lost with the first unit that was selected?(i am asking of this just to ease the triggering, it's not a must).
Thanks ! Here is an example in case i wasn't clear.

• Fire Lord Charged Arrow
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Charged Arrow 3 Boss Spell 3
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |cffFF0000Fire Lord
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Abilities\Spells\Other\TalkToMe\TalkToMe.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
  • Golden Bug Charged Arrow
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to |cffFF0000Golden Bug
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Triggering unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing 500.00 damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Damnation Orange.mdx
Or shall it be like this?
  • Fire Lord Charged Arrow
    • Events
    • Conditions
      • |cffFF0000Fire Lord 0482 <gen> Equal to (Triggering unit)
    • Actions
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the overhead of (Target unit of ability being cast) using Damnation Orange.mdx

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
That's fine, triggers are queued up and run in a sequential order. Things happen from top to bottom one at a time.

Note that there are certain Actions that can cause another Trigger to run which will insert it's Actions directly into your current Trigger. It's not necessarily an issue but can be if certain Variables/Event Responses are shared between the two triggers. This rarely happens and may never happen depending on the structure of your triggers. You'll know something is wrong because your trigger will bug out for no obvious reason.

Also, those Conditions are exactly the same. If the Firelord is equal to the (Triggering unit) then that must mean that the (Triggering must) is equal to the Firelord. It's like asking whether 1 is Equal to 1 OR 1 is Equal to 1. They're the same thing.

Lastly, the only issue with referencing pre-placed units is if you plan on Creating new versions of them. If it's a Hero that never gets removed then it's perfectly fine since Heroes can be Revived and don't Decay.

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks ! :D

Yeah, i was thinking of that.
I may make in the future something else like after an amount of time or after something is destroyed, you spawn a second world, changing everything xD and so will the bosses..but it's just an idea for much later in the map..

Status
Not open for further replies.