• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Boss Attack!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Boss Attack! is a co-operative boss fighting game for 7 players, inspired by a game called "Boss Rush", and heavily influenced by World of Warcraft boss fighting. Thanks goes to PheonixAshes, who helped me with a lot of stuff. e_e

==Classes==
Pyromancer (Magic Damage Dealer)
Arcanist (Magic Damage Dealer)
Shaman (Support/Healer/Tank)
Priest (Healer)
Hunter (Ranged Damage Dealer)
Rogue (Melee Damage Dealer)
Warrior (Tank/Damage Dealer)
Paladin (Tank/Support)

==Bosses==*
Khan Magra (Centaur Chieftain)
Pyromancer Jandice (Fire Sorceress)
Dethorin, Master of Illusions (Blademaster)
Tek Brassbolts (Goblin Tinker)
Corrupted Paladin Abbendis (Paladin)
Zanthius the Sinner (Demon Hunter)
The Forgotten (Forgotten One)
Forest Lord Panril (Ancient Protector)
High Warlord Zhar (Blood Mage-King)
Guardian Anub'Akhan (Crypt Lord)
Naga Countess Eros (Naga Siren)
SkillHax (Gargoyle)
Secret Boss

*Bosses subject to change and be replaced at anytime, cause I've got some new ideas in the works. I'm also taking suggestions if you have any.

==Other Features==
- 79 custom Items, and more on the way. Most of them drop from bosses; the loot tables are fairly random, in order to keep it interesting. Each Hero has 4 Inventory slots instead of 6.
- Attribute Points are gained instead of Lumber. Completing each boss gives every Hero 3 Points and some gold to buy potions and the like. 2 Attribute Points can be used to permanently increase the Hero's stats; they can also be used as currency to buy some equipment items.
- No traditional leveling system; Heroes automatically level after each boss fight.

I'm still working on some balancing issues and new abilities for some bosses. If anyone displays interest in this, more information will be posted later, and download will be posted when the map is ready.

ba1zw2.jpg

ba2vm8.jpg

ba3fg9.jpg

ba4hh1.jpg

Download Boss Attack! 5.0:

Attachments

• Boss_Attack! v5.0.1.w3x
    1 MB · Views: 113
Last edited:
Level 7
Although the Heroes and bosses have plenty of trigger-enhanced abilities, I don't know JASS beyond a few lines of custom script. @_@

And it's Impossible Bosses in that you fight bosses. The actual fighting is similar to World of Warcraft boss fighting, if anything. Strategy is involved in ways other than dodging massive attacks.

Level 4
I see what he's saying here, on impossible bosses its just hit'n'run warfare. On this map boss fights will need stratagey.

Level 6
This sounds awesome. I love boss fight games, and I would love to play this.
Some things I noticed, however, are that the names of 2 of your bosses names are already used. This probably isn't a big deal, but I'm OCD T_T.

Pyromancer Jandice: Jandice Barov is a mini-boss in Scholomance, an instance in WoW.
Zanthius: There is a popular game on B.net called Xanthius the Riddler.

I hate to sound like a party pooper, but this sounds like a great game. Keep up the good work!

Also, I can help you with JASS abilities, if you like.

Level 7
First of all, I'm sorry for the delay. I took a bit of a break from Warcraft 3 and mapmaking.

A beta version is up in the original post. It is Battle.net ready, but some of the bosses are a bit easier than I'd like them to be; those balance issues will be fixed.

Also, if you plan to host it for anyone, close the Dark Green slot; it was placed by accident and is not actually a player. I'll fix it in the next version.

Level 23
Looks good, I'll be definatly looking into this when I get home.

I'm making a similar map, with a bit of a storyline that deliciously breaks the 4th wall. It takes players to several miniature versions of popular battle.net maps, where they have to survive different objectives, or fight bosses. It's called "The End of Battle.net". When I run into a problem, I may ask you for help. :)

Level 4
Grey that sounds really cool...lol, so you'd make things like mini-dotas and mini-footies? XD

Eagle im playing this right now!

Level 23
Grey that sounds really cool...lol, so you'd make things like mini-dotas and mini-footies? XD

Eagle im playing this right now!

Yep, miniature versions of existing popular maps. So imagine the Footies map, scaled down to 30% of it's normal size, and the player's heroes getting dropped right into the middle (near a miniature mana fountain) with hundreds of footies coming at them from all four sides. (and some mini heroes)

But that's a long way away. Back to Eaglendia's map! :)

Level 7
Map updated again: the health and mana values per strength and intelligence point have been fixed, and most that granted armor give slightly less. The dark green slot has been removed, and small balanced changes have been made to most bosses. Forest Lord Panril has been replaced with an entirely new boss, and the descriptions of some of his drops have been changed accordingly.

New download is in the original post, having replaced the old one.

Level 4
Make a void boss, which is the flame guy with no colors (completely black)
Or a ghost boss, that before it dies it random possess a player, XD.

Also, take the:
_________
*Sigh*

Before I start, I'd like to say I don't know why I'm posting this mediocrity here. I'm new... and it's likely I'm just not going to be taken seriously, called a ripoff of Impossible Bosses, and run off.

Eh.
_______

:Out of there, i see it every time i look at this map, its not true, and it annoys me :p

Level 27
This just ... is .. a impossible bosslike map? ... its not a ripoff.. IMO a ripoff is something extremely ripped off.. get it.. just say it is LIKE IB.

I will host this when i can host again.. because if you're going to search for a map that can be downloaded on the hive you have 1/10 percent chance of getting it hosted >.<

Level 7
I thought about doing that... it may be fine as is but I don't know.

Another thing I thought about doing, though it would be a lot of work, would be raising all the numbers by 100%, just to make it seem more epic (damage, health, stats, etc.)

Map will be updated when I get around to it. I've been on a WC3 hiatus.

Status
Not open for further replies.