• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bone version as the actual model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey y'all, so, here's my question,

The first version is the actual model, while the second version is the bone, non-textured version.

160036-albums4747-picture62483.png
160036-albums4747-picture62482.png

Let's say that I want the model to look in-game exactly like the second pic, non-textured with the lines that connect the vertices, how do I do that?

Level 34
Or you can recreate it's mesh using many MANY MANY MANY lines and just a white.blp texture... But that's kinda insane effort, if you use MDLvis.

So, what you're saying is that it's a matter of re-skinning?

Duh, just use black texture, instead of the original one, then open texture manager - PrtScn it (you should get mesh's projection in 2 dimensions), add an alpha channel in the photoshop and use it as a texture;)

The game need support for that, starcraft 2 allows to use this feature only in the editor for example. You can add an Unwrap UVW in 3ds max, then in parameters click edit. In the new window go to Tools/Render UVW Template. Here you can render the model and export a texture. The model need to have UV coordinates.

Heres an Arthas test. The UV Map is really crap.

attachment.php

Attachments

• arthas.jpg
    arthas.jpg
    91.3 KB · Views: 213
Status
Not open for further replies.