• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Blue Screen Of Death

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer just restarted spontaneously this morning, and now whenever it boots up it goes onto the blue screen for a tiny instant before restarting again. I've tried safe mode and most recet settings that worked, and nothing's changed. When I opened up my computer it was full of dust, so I cleaned it out, if that information helps, but it still won't boot up.

I'm running Windows XP.

Any advice on how to fix it would be greatly helpful.

Level 22
The only thing I could think of would be to reformat your computer. Of course, there is that possibility that the dust inside your computer has done some damage, but I doubt it.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Sounds like you've got yourself a virus, mate.

Level 28
Aye, just download this: http://www.plop.at/en/ploplinux.html and boot from the cd.
After, run a virus scan on your windowspartition to check if you got infected.

If that doesn't help and if you got a DELL PC, press ALT+E+F+B in the bios to reassign all your components.

If you can't even run the live-cd, the problem may be related to the graphics card, which might be used up/broken.

Status
Not open for further replies.