• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Blue Rectangles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
Heres a screenshot of my problem:
2liewj7.jpg

as you can see, my screen is covered in a sort of checkered pattern of blue rectangles. when i drag a window around, sometimes it creates a yellow trail.
the rectangles flicker ALOT, for half a second it may seem fine, the next they come back.

The problem started yesterday, right after i installed the Rhinoz mod for Dawn of War (the original DoW). i thought it would be fine after i restarted it. however, the problem continues. I booted up DoW to see if there were any glitches in there, and there were. The blue rectangles are still there on the loading screen. On a black screen, like right before the game starts but right after you double click the game, there are spaced vertically long blue rectanges. like this | | | | |

In Dawn of War, the models of everything but the units were screwed up. The models themselves had vertical rectangles on the texture or on the surface of the models, im not sure which.

My computer really is a piece of junk, but its all i've got atm so any help would be appreciated.

Level 12
That is likely the beginning of hardware failure, could be either your ram (due to it being a laptop and shared memory) or the dedicated video ram on the graphics card.

The wierd graphics is probably due to data corruption in either of those 2

Just had a laptop graphics card die of the same thing.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The fact is he said its running perfectly stably, all my PCs which suffered simlar things would almost always crash when doing the slightest thing graphically demanding, like playing WC3 or loading the desktop.

However it is quite likly related to graphic buffer RAM as thats the most likly place where ghosting should occur.

Reinstalling your OS or running a different OS is the only way to absolutly certainly rule out software. In which case I feel sorry for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.