• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blue Blood Mage fire (works in Patch 1.33!)

This bundle is marked as pending. It has not been reviewed by a staff member yet.
Blood Mage's attack projectile (and sphere) recolored to blue

To be used as spheres for Blood Mages:
  1. Import the "Blood Mage blue missile" model and as well as the .pkb file in the comment below
  2. Go to Object Editor and then change Combat - Projectile Art to "Blood Mage missile blue.mdx"

To be used as spheres for Blood Mages:
  1. Import the "Blood Mage blue ball" model and as well as the .pkb file in the comment below
  2. Go to Object Editor and then, Abilities - Human - Units - Sphere, and then duplicate the spell
  3. On the new spell, change Art - Missile Art, and Art - Target to "Blood Mage ball blue.mdx"
  4. Add something in the Text - Editor Suffix to avoid confusion
  5. Change your Blood Mage's "Sphere" ability to the newly made one
This can only be used by Blood Mages and Kael'thas as they have the Attachement "Spirte First/Second/Third Ref"

Updates:

24/02/2022: added a smaller ball for Spheres (thanks Retera and Bogdan!)
01/09/2022: not really an update here, but an heads-up that the pkb .rar file in the first reply is updated to work in 1.33 (thanks poisoNDealer!)
07/03/2024: updated for compatibility with latest WC3 patch
Contents

Blue Blood Mage ball (Model)

Blue Blood Mage missile (Model)

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Don't forget to download this one, courtesy of @poisoNDealer

Hello. I restored color of your pkb files, it works at 1.33 patch now.
Btw the flame effect during spell cast still have the original color. I think it use another popcornfx file.
But I only found and used two pkbs from first attachment of this post Blue Blood Mage fire

Attachments

• Blue Blood Mage fire.rar
    43.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Level 35
Hello friend!
Sorry it took a while.
So first these are all the files you will need to have for this to work & High Elf Mage
I added all the files together in the .zips
Now to make them work these are the steps I did
1.Set the models I wanted to have the blue spheres
  • Open World Editor and import everything / remember these will ONLY work for Blood Mages and Kael'thas
  • In Object Editor -> Copy & paste the new custom units for Blood mage or Kael depending on what you want
  • Add the high elf model that you want to them
1645947409145.png

2.Set the spheres
  • Object Editor -> Abilities -> Human -> Units -> find Sphere -> copy & paste (change name) -> find Art - Missile Art -> delete old model and add imported model
  • Do the same for Art - Target
1645947492231.png

• Object Editor -> Units -> go to the new custom units(or the original Kael or blood mage if you want) -> change the Combat - Attack 1 - Projectile Art to the blue missile (this will only change the attack)
1645945111444.png

• Different from the other models the Blood Mage and Kael have a second option in the Abilities - Normal & Abilities - Normal Skin -> you need to delete the old sphere and add the new custom one you added
1645945595932.png

• Do this for both Abilities - Normal & Abilities - Normal Skin then open save and open map
Results!
WC3ScrnShot_022722_093305_001.png

Attachments

• Blue Blood Mage fire.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 34
  • High Elf Mage.zip
    8.9 MB · Views: 38

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
High Elf Mage
you don't actually need this to work actually; I tried my assets on a different test map without the High Elf Mage assets and they worked fine

@DimaRussia here's a different tip from he: save your map as a "Warcraft III Scenario Folder", that will cause the map file to be a folder (but still appears as .w3n in the World Editor) then close the World Editor

1645958151684.png

Then on the folder, there should be an HD folder or something, if there's none you can create that folder with the exact name instead:

1645958209929.png

Then just simply copy-paste the downloaded files:

1645958239259.png

Then open the World Editor again and the map you're on; it should work

Attachments

• Warcraft III 2022-02-27 18-29-48.mp4
    7.6 MB
Last edited:
Level 35
спасибо, шары теперь работают. А вот тайный огонь ПКБ - нет. Почему? Я хочу, чтобы таким голубым огнём горел стандартный маг крови.
I understand the picture ,but not what you said :D English please
Also mine use blue flame on hands too you must have missed something

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
спасибо, шары теперь работают. А вот тайный огонь ПКБ - нет. Почему? Я хочу, чтобы таким голубым огнём горел стандартный маг крови.
that popcorn there is embedded on the model itself; I can make a quick simple edit

Btw the flame effect during spell cast still have the original color. I think it use another popcornfx file.
But I only found and used two pkbs from first attachment of this post Blue Blood Mage fire

Attachments

• blue.zip
    42.7 KB · Views: 16
  • balls.jpg
    balls.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 18
  • flame.jpg
    flame.jpg
    330.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
ah yeah, the model was supposed to showcase only the projectiles and the sphere effects; the model proper with different hand effect color would've been updated here were it not for 1.33; but thank you so much !

edit: btw, may I ask how you were able to do it?

Last edited:
how did you modify the pkb to make it work in 1.33?