• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BloodWater Oasis

Bloodwater Oasis

Created by z.Ky

Special Thanks to David for his help

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic 1v1 melee map bades on the Barrens tileset.
Descriprion:
"This hidden and uncontaminated place takes its name from the warm red water and the hot sand. Although the high temperatures, plants don't lack on this land, which is illuminated at night by its flowers and Monoliths, that release sunshine and moonlight."

This is a Doodading experiment.. Yes, I know, it's strange having sparkling flowers and moonlight monoliths on such a map, but actually it is what makes this map unique.

Another thing, use your imagination, this map offers the oportunity to play different strategies.

Creep Camps:
-4 Green Camps
-18 Orange Camps
-2 Red Camps

Mines:
-2x 10500 Starting Mine
-2x 9500 Small Expansion Mine very close to base
-2x 12500 Big Expansion Mine

Neutral Buildings:

-2x Shops
-2x Goblin Labs
-2x Mana Founts
-1x Tavern
-2x Mercenary Camp
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

An Overview

218970-albums5865-picture62066.jpg

Here you can see the map layout

A Night Overview

218970-albums5865-picture62067.jpg

Here you can notice the areas with the "sparkly flowers"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope you like it, Suggestions are welcome

One last thing:
Item drops have chance not to give any item, tell me if shall I change it

Keywords:
melee, blood, water, oasis, desert, barrens, res, fog, light, creeps.
Contents

BloodWater Oasis (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Oct/20 15:12:50 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [Approved] I was gonna write a small review, but then I saw Ken-E's and his contains most of the things I was gonna say: Post Staff Contact...

M

Vengeancekael
Date: 2012/Oct/20 15:12:50
[Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment: [Approved]
I was gonna write a small review, but then I saw Ken-E's and his contains most of the things I was gonna say: Post

Staff Contact - Rules

Level 15
Full Review Emerges

I love how you did this map. Everything feels fantastically natural, and there's really that oasis feel because of the shallow water and pressed up terrain form. Overall design is super symmetric and really flexible, most importantly its fun to play. Also the well supplied of farming creeps is really clever if you asked me. It more than meets melee game standards.

Though just to point out something though, there's alot of typo:
*First the file name is named Ancient Oasis when if fact its written BloodWater Oasis, you might want to correct that.
*And you should really take a look on the description, I like how it is constructed but it's kinda irritating to see those typos.

From the original in game text:
(Typos are marked red and underlined)
'This hidden and uncontaminated place takes its name from the warm red water and the hot sand. Althought the hight temperatures, plants don't lack on this land, wich is illuminated at night by its flowers and Monoliths, wich release sunshine and moonlight.'

What should have been:
*Althought=Although
*hight=high
*wich=which

I give this skirmish map a 5/5 definitely and hope to get approval from the mods...
Have a nice day and keep WC 3 alive
~Ken-E

Level 18
I love how you did this map. Everything feels fantastically natural, and there's really that oasis feel because of the shallow water and pressed up terrain form. Overall design is super symmetric and really flexible, most importantly its fun to play. Also the well supplied of farming creeps is really clever if you asked me. It more than meets melee game standards.

Though just to point out something though, there's alot of typo:
*First the file name is named Ancient Oasis when if fact its written BloodWater Oasis, you might want to correct that.
*And you should really take a look on the description, I like how it is constructed but it's kinda irritating to see those typos.

From the original in game text:
(Typos are marked red and underlined)
'This hidden and uncontaminated place takes its name from the warm red water and the hot sand. Althought the hight temperatures, plants don't lack on this land, wich is illuminated at night by its flowers and Monoliths, wich release sunshine and moonlight.'

What should have been:
*Althought=Although
*hight=high
*wich=which

I give this skirmish map a 5/5 definitely and hope to get approval from the mods...
Have a nice day and keep WC 3 alive
~Ken-E

Thanks for testing mate,
Well, the file name is different, just because I gave it a random name when I first created this.. I'll change it

Also, sorry for those typos.. I finished it on 3 am, so mygrammar wasn't that good.. I'll fix it too

Thanks again for dedicating some of your time testing it

EDIT:
Map file name changed
Description corrected