• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

BloodRuneBlade_Left

Reactions: deepstrasz
The blood-runed blade of a demon lord. Fits into demon models, blood death-knights, undead, necromancers and vampires. This attachment can be equiped @ both hands. Feel free to use and edit it!

EDIT 1: Just did a few minor changes, nothing all to special. In my eyes, it applies better now. ;-)

EDIT 2: Re-edited it in Milkshape. Reduced the number of geosets, made three runes instead of two and also lowered a bit the space between the two blades. My thanks to CoLd Bon3 and the mod who told me to do so (don't forget to thank them too ;-) )! Also, made two versions, the portrait file is the the right-hand version of the blade. The sile size is also reduced a bit due to the lowering of geosets. Have fun with it!

Keywords:
blood-rune blade, runed blade, dual-bladed sword, blood, death-knight, undead, vampire sword, weapon, sword, blade, attachment
Contents

BloodRuneBlade_Left (Model)

BloodRuneBlade_Left (Model)

Reviews
11:33, 31st May 2011 General Frank: Doesn't look good at all. HT: "Perhaps the distance between the two mini-blades should be reduced in half, while the runes are three, but smaller. Otherwise it's great! The idea is neat. Good job there!"...

M

11:33, 31st May 2011
General Frank:

Doesn't look good at all.

HT:
"Perhaps the distance between the two mini-blades should be reduced in half, while the runes are three, but smaller.
Otherwise it's great! The idea is neat. Good job there!" <- do what he said.

UPDATE: It looks extremely weird, but that might be something people want for certain items. All issues have been fixed, so I am approving this now.

how does one attach these models to the unit's hand?

just attach it to: hand. EXAMPLE: World Editor --> Trigger Editor --> New Trigger --> New Action (after you have put Event & Condition) --> Create Special Effect On Unit --> Create special effect attached to the hand, right of (Triggering Unit) using Blood-Rune Blade.mdx. :goblin_boom:

Reactions: _PV
Level 49
just attach it to: hand. EXAMPLE: World Editor --> Trigger Editor --> New Trigger --> New Action (after you have put Event & Condition) --> Create Special Effect On Unit --> Create special effect attached to the hand, right of (Triggering Unit) using Blood-Rune Blade.mdx. :goblin_boom:

or use the blood mage's sphere ability(change the effects and attachment points) then attach it to a unit