• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Blood Rage [Help plz]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello!
I am creating a spell called Blood Rage for my Hero Blood Lord and I want Blood Rage ability to be passive and deal damage equal to how much life% he have left. So it is kinda like huskars passive spell in DotA (I dont know why I take that as an example but I suppose most of u have played dota) Just that I dont want hes attack speed to increase and if it isnt to hard I whoud also like to add those the bloodrage bonus damage as a bonus damage so I know how much bonus damage he have :p

Please help me I dont even know where to start

Level 15
Ok... So there are if this is what you want then just remember to credit.
  • Bloodrage
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of Blood Rage for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Attacking unit) to damage (Attacked unit), dealing (1.00 + ((Life of (Attacking unit)) x ((Real((Level of Blood Rage for (Attacking unit)))) x 0.02))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
      • Special Effect - Create a special effect attached to the chest of (Attacked unit) using Abilities\Spells\Other\Stampede\StampedeMissileDeath.mdl
      • Special Effect - Destroy (Last created special effect)
Just change the damage accordingly

Level 9
Cool I will test it now if it works :D Made its base on slow orb but removed slow effect

I cant find
Conditions
(Level of Blood Rage for (Attacking unit)) Greater than 0

Sorry I am kinda new on this

Last edited:
Level 9
Thanks found that now. And I figure out another problem :p. but.... ah well I'll just go test

And are you sure this is life missing from attacking unit..Doesnt this just make so the higher hp I have the higher damage I do? Because I whoud like the lower hp more :p

Level 9
Anyway It doesnt seems like it works, Is there any way to add like the damage to the units bonus damage so that I can see how much damage it do or atleast do like critical strike so that red text comes up on how much bonus I get from it. Please

Level 9
Cool gonna test this..:p

Done

Ehh I think the text is working but it shows up 0 all the time so I gues I made something wrong so my spell doesnt do any damage.

Do you think I have to base the spell of an specific spell because I based it on slow orb

Level 10
I think its becuase damage taken is rather finnecky and doesn't always seem to return a value. to test it just add a

Game - Show text(auto-timed) (player 1) (convert real to string(event response - damage taken))

that'll tell you whether the problems with the spell or damage taken :)

Level 9
Unfortionatly the spell doesnt work but your

Game - Show text(auto-timed) (player 1) (convert real to string(event response - damage taken))
Works sense It shows 0 damage

Level 7
Try setting the damage taken real to a variable using the Set Variable command.

Trigger 1:
  • Crit Strike Init
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Level of <YourAbility> for (Attacking Unit)) greater than 0
    • Actions
      • Set DamageDealt = (Damage Taken)
Then use the trigger given in an earlier post by madcd except using the variable instead of the damage taken.

I don't think this will work, as this is an estimated solution I though up off-hand, but try it anyway.

Level 2
lol. Damage Taken does not respond to Unit is Attacked, only to Unit Takes Damage. This needs to create a trigger... oh, I can do that in JASS, if you agree. The problem is, Unit is Attacked triggers when the attacker is just starting upraising its weapon, and takes damage triggers at the moment of damage, a bit later. They are two different events.

Status
Not open for further replies.