• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blood Moon (Survival/builder)

full

Blood Moon v1.0 (alpha)

Horror / Survival / Tag

(1 - 6 players)

PATCH 1.0===========================================================================================
-Reworked some terrain areas. mostly to help the AI to avoid being blocked by their pathing or stuck in a loop.
-If Something that cost wood is destroy, you are now given that wood back. Not the gold though. (Totem, Fire Tower, Mortar Team, Camp lvl2, etc)
-The number of spawned zombies has been increased. Their health as been slightly reduced and their attack as well.
-Barricades costs more but their overall health pool has been increased as well.
-Improved the Fireball spells of the Fire Tower from 300 damage to 800.
-Typos were fixed in many descriptions.
-Line of sight blockers added in a few areas to stop towers to target Stone Guardians.
-All towers HP points was raised from 120 to 200 HP. To stop Catapults to destroy them in 1 hit.
-Fixed ''Repair'' spell acquisition range for Workers and Runner
-Zombies are made stronger in mid to late game.
-Overlords are now stronger from 1200 tp 1800 Hp.
-Added Riffle upgrade to the Towers, Hunters and Mortar Team
-Fixed the broken ''Arcane mastery'' return Goldmine bug.
-Fixed some Typos here and there. -Heroes are overall more durable.
-Heroes now have a point light attached to the, to make them easier to spot in the dark + light the way when exploring with them -Now buildings who needs wood to create will give you wood back if you refund them.
-Boss 2 3 and 4 are more powerfull now.
-Flyers has more HP but reduced attack damage. (giving you more time to react to them) -Edited the Boneyard Circle of power position to allow a more open base, easier to build
-A Vampiric seal was added in each corner where the creatures spawns. To prevent players to build barricades and towers next to the spawning point.
-Self Destruction spell was changed to a Refund System.
==================================================================================================

PATCH 1.1===========================================================================================
-Edited the MPQ of the map so the goldmine icons does not appear. making the Preview icons prettier.
-Reverted the Goldmine icon back to what it was originally. No more Minimap glitch.
-Refund ability is now renamed Refund insted of ''Channel''
-First Boss fight now is harder to kill. (from 20dps to 22, and 7000 hp to 8000hp)
-Soldiers and Hunters are slightly more expensive now and They both have a new visual.
-Tome of Int,str and agi were renamed and made far less expensive. From 1000g to 200g. (should make the heroes to be far stronger late game. may require further tweaking)
-Healing items were removed from the Market place. to make things harder and push players to build a Bonfire
-More crates are spawned at the start of the game. To allow quicker start for players and invite for a tad more exploration with heroes
-Minor tweaks to the terrain were done. Mostly added some doodads here and there. Changed the relief slightly in some regions, etc.

**-(NEW) New sets of Elites units were added. Each appears with their respective waves. They are stronger and come with auras that buffs the surrounding enemies.**
**-(NEW) New type of enemi was added. The Crimson Mantis, a range unit that appears with the ghouls. **

==================================================================================================

INTRO =​

Some friends and I are big fans of KodoTag, but we always felt like it was missing something. Through various Lan parties and brainstorming, I created this game over a weekend for us to play. The weekend project turned into a few weeks... and, well... here we are. Please enjoy the alpha!.

Gameplay =

You and your friends have 1 hour to survive the night. As the 4 vampire Brothers are sending their various minions to fetch and trap your soul. You'll be forced to cooperate, learn and improve your surving skills through these harsh and unforgivable battles. Face the four brothers, build and improve your walls and towers, train the surrounding villagers, pick your play style. Good luck and have fun!

========== WIN/LOOSE ==========

1# Survive for 1 hour
2# If your runner dies all your buildings and units will be destroyed, to be revived an other runner has to reach the center (spawning point) to rescue you. (Or you may spend 2 wood to resurrect yourself)
3# If all runner dies, you loose the game.

============================

========== TECHTREE ==========

1# You make gold by either collecting it from the Goldmines and by bringing the bounty back to your camp. Or by scavenging the gold from the enemies you kill.
2# Buid barricades to protect you. Only 1 square gap is required for YOUR units to pass true, Enemies requires at least 2. Build accordingly.
3# FOOD CAP = 120 Higher levels barricades and towers cost food same for trained units,heroes and workers. Decide where you want to invest your food
4# You start with 2 WOOD. Every slain Bosses gives + 2 WOOD to all players. Only the powerfull units and buildings requires WOOD. Chose your own playstyle.
5# You can upgrade your Camp into 1 out of 3 speciality (2 woods needed). Each speciality comes with a unique builder and a unique play style. The choice is yours!

============================

========== WAVE & ENCOUNTERS ==========

1# Waves of enemies are spawn from each corners. Build accordingly.
2# There are different enemi types, including range and flying. Be ready.
3# There's 4 boss fights. at 45min, 30 min, 15 min and 5min of elapsed time, each will give 2 extra wood to all players once slain.
4# Around the pit in the middle of the map (spawning zone) there is 4 bosses, slaying them will give everyone 2 extra wood each.
5# There are hidden Magical Constructs around the map. slaying them gives every player 500 gold

===================================

full

Many more things to come, follow us on Discord to learn more! Cheers!

-Wave and Ai system
-Gold gathering system
-Rescue system
-Creeps and Boss fights.
-Camera system
-and many more things!

full

full

full

full

full

Contents

Blood Moon v1 (Map)

Reviews
The UI and the terrain are both awesome! I love the environment of the map and its atmosphere. The starting time should be increased if you ask me. 2 minutes don't give that much time for new players to fully understand everything. Not to mention that...
----saving this post for more info----

Current Roadmap (more to come)
Roadmap_v1.png

This custom game is in it's early stage. Please help me balance enemies and techtrees, ideas and suggestions are more then welcome, enjoy and share!.
Join the Bloodmoon Discord Server!

Last edited:
Level 16
This map is absolutely gorgeous.
The clever, and sometimes very subtle, placement of doodads (including buildings models turned into doodads) combined with the terrain work is simply exquisite. Every area has something special to look at.
There are far too many details that I love in this map to list them all, but to name a few:
The lighting is just amazing; you have the bright yellow glow emanating from the stained glass windows of a church, the brilliant white pouring out of an arcane sanctum, and the warm orange lights of townhouses and farmsteads.
The water; there are calm pools, sleepy streams, and rushing rivers, cascades of water tumbling down rocky hillsides, streams of water gushing out of culverts, water pouring forth from hidden springs and dams, sometimes disappearing underground again, and mighty waterfalls crashing down into the misty depths far below.
The causeways over the water; some use more or less timber in their construction, while some are just packed earth between two retaining walls. Some have more grasses growing only on the outer edges, whereas others are more overgrown, with grass peaking out of every gap in the wood.
Before I stay up all night thinking of more and more to write, two final things; the moths fluttering around lanterns, and the butterflies dancing around the fairy ring are fantastic details.

I'll leave reviewing the gameplay to others, because it's very late, and my dying GPU probably wouldn't handle running this map (I'm surprised the World Editor hasn't killed itself in protest while admiring the map, lol).

EDIT: Well, turns out that playing the game didn't quite kill off the old graphics card, though it was running hot with the fans whirring crazily, and towards the end the framerate was in the basement.
So after a very short first game just figuring out the basics of how to play (such as not squandering those important first two minutes, lol), I managed to get slightly over half an hour of proper gameplay before being overwhelmed by an unexpected gargantuan meat wagon demolishing my main defenses whilst attempting to expand to another location, and at the same time being flanked by a flock of unruly gargoyles...not quite sure what ended up killing me, but all in all, @Mr.Goblin, I rather enjoyed the experience, and would definitely recommend to others (I in fact already did so, even before playing it myself, just based on my impression of the map).

Last edited:
Level 3
Pretty good map but the tech trees are locked besides arcane so you can't do too much yet therefore the game is great play through once or twice but not much more imo

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

The UI and the terrain are both awesome! I love the environment of the map and its atmosphere. The starting time should be increased if you ask me. 2 minutes don't give that much time for new players to fully understand everything. Not to mention that gathering gold isn't that quick. You should change the return resources tooltip from "nearby Townhall" to "your Camp" or something more intuitive. I literally looked around for my Town Hall xD. I like the variety of structures that can be built. The undead seem to be primarily targeting the structures since I could literally pass through a whole wave with the survivor and none of them attacked me. I don't know if that's intended. The Totem construction is really cool, that can easily hold off the undead if built at the right moment. You can also summon heroes to help you.

Other than that, it's approved!

The UI and the terrain are both awesome! I love the environment of the map and its atmosphere. The starting time should be increased if you ask me. 2 minutes don't give that much time for new players to fully understand everything. Not to mention that gathering gold isn't that quick. You should change the return resources tooltip from "nearby Townhall" to "your Camp" or something more intuitive. I literally looked around for my Town Hall xD. I like the variety of structures that can be built. The undead seem to be primarily targeting the structures since I could literally pass through a whole wave with the survivor and none of them attacked me. I don't know if that's intended. The Totem construction is really cool, that can easily hold off the undead if built at the right moment. You can also summon heroes to help you.

Other than that, it's approved!
Cheers! Thanks for the feedbacks! I'd love to have a game with you and have a chat for more feedbacks if you're open for it. :) glad you liked it!

Deleted member 247165

D

Deleted member 247165

Cheers! Thanks for the feedbacks! I'd love to have a game with you and have a chat for more feedbacks if you're open for it. :) glad you liked it!
Will join your discord. 😀

Level 4
I played this map with a friend on Easy (suggested for 1-3 players). Boss killed us on when only 15 minutes left (he was too tanky).
1. Tower Level 5 has no inventory although the description says something different.
2. Water Elemental for 600 g is only really worth in beginning because of high life pool. but has weak damage (unit for 50 g has more dmg then water elemental).
3. Upgrade Armor has i guess wrong description.
4. Orbs expect the - Armor reduction is the only worth option?

I played this map with a friend on Easy (suggested for 1-3 players). Boss killed us on when only 15 minutes left (he was too tanky).
1. Tower Level 5 has no inventory although the description says something different.
2. Water Elemental for 600 g is only really worth in beginning because of high life pool. but has weak damage (unit for 50 g has more dmg then water elemental).
3. Upgrade Armor has i guess wrong description.
4. Orbs expect the - Armor reduction is the only worth option?
Thanks for the feedbacks! I'll have a look at everything you've mentionned in due time. I hope you still enjoy your play! :D

Level 4
Thanks for the feedbacks! I'll have a look at everything you've mentionned in due time. I hope you still enjoy your play! :D
I forgot to mention what I love about this map:
-Terrain (looks beautiful)
-Running other gold coins to collect them
- Difficult (its not too easy on easy)

another Feedback:
5. Make all passive icons look like passive icon (Light in the Darkness ability)
6. The brazzier gives almost no sight bonus? (maybe add more upgrades to this, increasing health and vision range?)
7. Making mercenaries/Units of Training Ground more powerful but cost more would increase late game use (expect the mortar team, 1400 Range is really strong).
8. Can you give more information ingame how much the obelisk's aura slows?
9.Bonfire is way to expensive for its use (only 0.1 % hp per second is nothing in late game)
10. Add upgrades for mercenaries/Units of Training Ground in research center?
11. Boss units (Wrath), which killed us, when only 15 minutes left had less damage than a normal unit?
12. Runner starts with -1 armor?
13. Make all start buildings require camp at first (easier for newbies)
14. Add income upgrades?

I would love to play this map again, when its updated.

Last edited: