• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

LOTR Builder

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
How is this different from some of the other Lotr Builder maps?

Well i have evened out the units ALOT and im still working on that. I have edited the terrain alot and added 4 more new bases. Also i have added siege towers... I beleive my map is the only lotr builder map with siege towers but if im wrong please post the link to the map please.

Change Log:
1.0: new bases, new skins, evened out units better, added the one ring to the map (hidden on the map somewhere).

Screenshots
map%20pic1.bmp
map%20pic2.bmp
map%20pic3.bmp
map%20pic4.bmp
map%20pic5.bmp
map%20pic6.bmp

Credits: Thanks Dr.house for letting me base this map off of one of your older lotr builder maps, and thanks to everyone on hive for the AMAZING skins.

Betatesters: NONE! Please help Beta test this map.

Notes: If anyone has found a bug please pm it to me i would be very greatful. If anyone would like to give me ideas on some custom spells or anything at all pm me your ideas please. Also it says lordofchaos edition because that is my wc3 user name.

Keywords:
lotr, lord of the rings, goblins, elves, dwarfs, orcs, mordor, one ring, builder, awesome, fun map, barlog, war-lord, lordofchaos
Contents

LOTR Builder (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael: Private Message Date: 2012/Jan/04 20:09:16 Reasons: Lacking Description: Template Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and...

M

Vengeancekael: Private Message
Date: 2012/Jan/04 20:09:16

Reasons:
Lacking Description: Template
Missing custom preview image: To add a preview image, resize the image to 256x256 or 128x128 using gimp and save it as .tga. Import the image and change its path to 'war3mapPreview.tga'.

Other:
Check out the tutorials section: Tutorials
Check out the Map Development Section: Map Development Section
Check out the World Editor Help Zone (Trigger issues, object editor, overall WE issues): WE Help Zone

Comment: -Kobas-'s comment:
Full House (players) x 300/3 (food limit / average unit cost) => Around 1000 units placed on map.
With few broken triggers this will lag like hell.
Also controlling 100 units at same time is really troublesome, because in wc3 you can select only 12 at once, multiple by few groups still it will hardly reach number of 50 or 60 units.

My suggestion is next, find way to reduce this number, if possible by 70%. Better make 1 unit represent 10 units. (You create gondor unit then upgrade it into archer/spearman/swordsman group) Create unique system for that (the more unique things you present here the closer DC award will be). Ents can represent 1 unit. Orcs can go 15 per unit while goblins up to 25 :)

Few simple math functions and custom damage system can cover this.
Then Improve terrain, make request in request forum, find terrainer and improve current one, it just has no any sense with Middle Earth.
(small advice: for few rep points users will do this for you ;) )

Each race can have heroes, each hero represent 1 unit ofc. Just limit few heroes per race :)

And 1 last thing. THE ONE RING, when race control it add global ability to that player or whatever (humans can call undead army, goblins can spawn balrog end so on).

Also improve the description a little bit as well, quite messy right now.
Admin Contact - Resource Moderation - Rules

Level 6
alright but it might be a little bit before i can get them up i'm really busy atm

edit: alright ill work on changing that in a little but the one ring idea you said sounds like it will be dificult to do lol

Last edited:
Full House (players) x 300/3 (food limit / average unit cost) => Around 1000 units placed on map.
With few broken triggers this will lag like hell.
Also controlling 100 units at same time is really troublesome, because in wc3 you can select only 12 at once, multiple by few groups still it will hardly reach number of 50 or 60 units.

My suggestion is next, find way to reduce this number, if possible by 70%. Better make 1 unit represent 10 units. (You create gondor unit then upgrade it into archer/spearman/swordsman group) Create unique system for that (the more unique things you present here the closer DC award will be). Ents can represent 1 unit. Orcs can go 15 per unit while goblins up to 25 :)

Few simple math functions and custom damage system can cover this.
Then Improve terrain, make request in request forum, find terrainer and improve current one, it just has no any sense with Middle Earth.
(small advice: for few rep points users will do this for you ;) )

Each race can have heroes, each hero represent 1 unit ofc. Just limit few heroes per race :)

And 1 last thing. THE ONE RING, when race control it add global ability to that player or whatever (humans can call undead army, goblins can spawn balrog end so on).