• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

BlizzCon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Did any of the team attend BlizzCon 2008? Just curious. I attended and was able to play Diablo3 for quite some time due to my press pass, ;). Anyway, i'll be attending again and will have my press pass once more, so i'll be able to check things out. Will any of you guys be attending this year? If not, is there anything you'd like me (or anyone else) to look for in particular?

I know, none of you know me as of yet, heh. I'm a big Blizzard buff, i've got some items in WoW named after me for helping out on their forums, and cool stuff like that. Just sayin', ;). I think this is a great idea, figured i'd help out where I can~

Level 30
I'm afraid im not rich enough to afford the tickets being a uni student and all :p plus ive got no one to go with :D lol

but yea! anything you find out is most welcome! We arent really looking for extra stuff in particular, so dont ruin your weekend by purposely looking for stuff for us ;) lol

keep in mind though that this map isnt a replica of Diablo III, so we arent planning to copy it exactly :p

Thanks for the offer though! :)

Level 4
Yeah, Bashiok is aware of it, :p. They won't steal it or anything, the map is perfectly fine.

Level 4
Why would they even consider it? They're working on the actual game.

DotA isn't developed by Blizzard Entertainment Icefrog does.

Exactly, and they haven't touched DotA, :p. In fact, they put DotA in the Community Spotlight, which helped it's publicity.

Level 16
Well, i play DotA with my friends. Its funny.
I say that its sucks because it isnt a good map at all.
When i played i instant recognize all the triggers used in it, and cant say that is something like "OMG, Look at that map!". By the way, This D3 map inspires you to say "OMFG, This is the best map iv played!!".
This has a combo of fantastic terraining, good triggering and decent art.
Anyway, the ":)" after my phrase means to say: "Just joke!" or somethin.
I didnt want to offend anybody.
Equally, i edited the post to say "Its my opinion."
Then, nobody get anger. :D

Level 19
Well, i play DotA with my friends. Its funny.
I say that its sucks because it isnt a good map at all.
When i played i instant recognize all the triggers used in it, and cant say that is something like "OMG, Look at that map!". By the way, This D3 map inspires you to say "OMFG, This is the best map iv played!!".
This has a combo of fantastic terraining, good triggering and decent art.
Anyway, the ":)" after my phrase means to say: "Just joke!" or somethin.
I didnt want to offend anybody.
Equally, i edited the post to say "Its my opinion."
Then, nobody get anger. :D

I wasn't offended or anything. There is a difference between competative gaming which are fully ballanced like dota and a map like this. This map doesn't aim for competativeness nor does it even have a goal to become one.
Point understood.

Enough off-topic. :p

Level 17
THE TWIST? I'VE NEVER...played Diablo until July 5th, I LIED...MWHAHAH.
EDIT:

Its because map-makers are disgusted with it, because their maps are superior. I've been arguing on the discussion page for DoTA on Wikipedia (a.k.a Tantrumpedia, by ego editors), about how non-dota players hate DOTA. If you're familiar with the nemesis [wikis, not wikipedias, Wikis are superior] Wikipedia, you'll know that their policy is that they even know that non-Dota players hate it, but they need reliable 3rd party sources -- someone make 999 magazines and DoTA might lose growth by 50%! Well, anyway, they apparently think that I'm spamming, lols, and stuff... Now, 3 arguing people admit that its the truth [me, generic brainless editor, generic brainless editor], but one still thinks you need sources + another person, while one... gah, dragging on.

Could you please tell me what the heck your trying to say?

Level 19
Could you please tell me what the heck your trying to say?

He's new here and his grammar isn't top notch.

What I am trying to say Ricardo Irving is that all games who have a fanbase also have a 'hatebase'. You shouldn't diss DotA because of its community if that's your reason but the map as a whole. How could DotA become such a fantastic e-sport game? It's merely a custom map and it has written history because of its popularity and gameplay.

Think about it.

Level 9
I not good at grammar JK... well, since I'm mostly used to typing quick in lobbies and in the heat of battle in W3, but bad grammar can be funny sometimes - Septimus is hilarious "Your map was well develop", uh well thats bad English. The map is boring...thats why I mainly hate it, and also, I disagree that a map should be judged with some of the criteria being very stupid, of which does not affect the fun - Credits (thanks, Bounty Hunter 2 for that retarded criteria on the D3: WarCraft page), and protection (thanks VGAstromi or whatever his name is, for that wonderful insight...NOT). Really, stuff such as filesize and popularity or someone to play with. Diablo 3, I sadly don't see hosted much on U.S West...and why should it? The filesize is too big for some. Though the tens of thousands of downloads...mean that there should be no dlers.
Don't diss maps just because you don't like them. Every popular map-to-full-blown-games got have people who like to diss them. World of WarCraft, a highly successful game by far the most content rich and has 11 million active subscribers, also has people dissing it.

It's just your opinion.

Wisdom, but without someone to argue with, or decent arguing, then how are you wrong (there are a few DoTA debates, but they don't go into detail)?

Level 17
I sadly don't see hosted much on U.S West...and why should it? The filesize is too big for some. Though the tens of thousands of downloads...mean that there should be no dlers.

If you enter Garena, there will be a huge amount of matches up 24/7 if you just enter the right rooms. The most people that plays this uses garena.
And if you cant find it, host it yourself and im sure people will join.
When we play beta testing maps on b.net we get full house pretty fast.

And i dont think i have to quote the rest of the post.

Level 9
Wtf? Garena has a huge cable connecting a central computer to every other computer that has WarCraft? How do I do that? Anyway, this map sadly is very bad in my opinion.

Level 19
Level 9
Huh? That must be brilliant to use LAN to play online! What does BTW stand for? But the Win? Probably not. And but the win, statements regarding the map should preferably be stated in the map thread here:
Diablo III Beta v1.17

Level 3
Bah, most fan-sites will cover this event.
SCLegacy for StarCraft 2,
Judgehype(French) for Diablo 3...

Anyway, all the "added content" will be on the website, and they're is probably going to be a new class unveiled.

Level 25
Unfortunately I can't go, but I'll be watching it on Pay Per View! Hooray for Murloc pet!

Although I could care less about the pet... I really just want to see what BlizzCon LOOKS like and mainly want to see what's in Diablo III. They definitely announce a new class, which I'm super excited for.

Level 6
Unfortunately I can't go, but I'll be watching it on Pay Per View! Hooray for Murloc pet!

Although I could care less about the pet... I really just want to see what BlizzCon LOOKS like and mainly want to see what's in Diablo III. They definitely announce a new class, which I'm super excited for.

i would like to have the pay per view... but my parents dont want it :/ and its too late i wish someone could stream it :'(

Status
Not open for further replies.