• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizzard needs to work on their security (My Rant)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've had a WoW account since about 2005. Before Battle.net came out, my account had been hacked about twice. As soon as it came out, I got it. Since then, barely a year ago, my account has been hacked thrice. That makes five times in all. Thats an average of one hack per year. However its mostly just since the new Battle.Net was launched.
So this latest hack, I still haven't recovered from. Blizzard now tells me that they don't believe my account has been hacked, so they tell me to call them to verify I'm not a hacker and change my hotmail to a gmail because its more "secure". I have no problem with that, I actually like gmail. I tried calling them everyday at least three times a day for three or four days, and every call I get an automated message saying that all their lines are busy (From other victims such as me I assume).
So I email them back and they give me a form that I have to print out, fill out with my signature, scan, and send back to them in an email so that they know I'm not a hacker and give me my password. I stopped playing WoW about a year ago so I don't care about it that much. Except for the fact that I have Starcraft, Diablo 2, and Warcraft 3 all on that account that someone could be stealing my CD keys for! I don't have a printer so I can't print this off now. I don't know whether I should just give up, or keep trying to call them. The other choice I was given was to buy a Blizzard Authenticator. Yes thats right, Blizzard knows that their security is so bad that they have to make you buy a device that changes your password and gives you a custom one every time you press a button.
http://us.blizzard.com/store/details.xml?rhtml=y&id=1100000823
But you haven't even heard the worst part yet. While my account has been hacked, I JUST RECIEVED A STARCRAFT 2 BETA KEY!!! But guess what, I have to log into my Battle.net account to get it!
:angry:
That orcs face is only about 1/50 of the anguish on my face now.
So I guess I just keep calling until I get my account back. I can't give up now that I have the Beta key, otherwise I would have just settled with using the CDs but now...
So I officially hate Blizzard now. They've been going downhill since WoW started in opinion. So anyways, I needed to tell someone. I would have posted on the Battle.net forums but... Well, you know.

Level 13
I agree with post over me. I've NEVER had problems with ANY of Blizzards games

Level 17
If you get hacked once a year you must certainly do something wrong.

Try ESET NOD antivirus, it works quite fine.

Level 3
Thats what I'm thinking, because I don't any websites to save passwords onto my computer. I might just have to buy one of those authenticators. Apparently what hackers are doing, is hacking an account and attaching an authenticator to it, which makes it nearly impossible to get your account back.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Then I guess you must...

Ask blizzard to send you the personal information on the account.
Buy a gun from an american shop and about 100 rounds of ammo.
Bust into the hackers home and ...... with lots of shooting....... a large mess.

Wait you still got the CDkeys right? If you have them on their orignal game boxes you can prove to blizzard it is your account via them surely as the keys should match up if entered into the same encryption algerthim?

I do not think its blizzards security is the problem, you will probably find a lot of the hackers are working from ISPs and at the servers blizzard hires.

Level 5
nah, blizzard's security is great. there are just way too many hackers. not much blizz can do, but they're trying.

Level 25
Hi, we are from Blizzard. You are a much liked customer. WE would like to give you a free mount of spiderlegs for your time of playing World of Warcraft.

Please, in order to add your mount to your account, login to your World of Warcraft Account.

*link*.

Status
Not open for further replies.