• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blizz exporter or models fux0red

Status
Not open for further replies.
:sad:

After realizing how great is that importer by ProFet for 3dsmax5, I discovered that when I import the model and I export it without changes it's different. Am I doing something wrong or is not possible to do anything. Here is a pic where the differences are.

:sad:

Attachments

• Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 116
Part of the mystery solved

Now I discovered that blizz models have helpers nearly for each body part and then a bone as a child of that helper with random name which barely describes its purpose (fortunately the helper name is appropriate :smile:). But when you export the model with art tools the only helper (if there any is) is bone_root and all other parts are rigged only with bones. Does anybody know how get the blizz bone structure, so I am able to transfer animation of my custom model also on other models. Using Fadi Mounir's importer/exporter some results can be done, but this script is even more fux0red that blizz models, so all attempts to make something decent are futile. :bored:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.