• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

MDX Importer/Exporter 2.0 3dsMax Error

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
A little while ago I attempted to create a scratch model in 3dsMax 8. I was presented with the error:

Code:
MAXScript Rollout Handler Exception
--Runtime error: Index should be less than NumNoteTracks, got:1

Now, I've already searched for possible reasons and came up with these threads.

Now, according to these threads the problem that seems to hold the most water is that the script only works for 3dsMax 4 or 5 but all the threads seemed to just die without a concrete response. (I wasn't around, so I'm not aware if they were closed by moderators.)

I believe that is the case since I've created a box(6 faces) from scratch, given it a texture, and a bone, and one animation. I've also created duplicates without the texture/bone/animation and any lacking-combination of the 3. I always get the error, an empty mdx file, and subsequent attempts to use the script return no responses until I close the script and reload it.

If there is actually a solution, short of getting a copy of 3dsmax 4/5, I'd greatly appreciate the info. Otherwise I'm going to have to assume the problem is that the script doesn't function for newer versions of 3dsMax.

Also, if MDX Importer/Exporter 2.0 cannot be used with 3dsMax 8, what would the alternatives be? I'm hoping for a replacement script, but a program will suffice if it has to.

I think it's worth saying that the script appears to work fine on models that were imported. The problem is only with exporting scratch models.

Status
Not open for further replies.