1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

3dsmax and skin

Discussion in 'Modeling & Animation' started by Mat, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Mat

Mat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The importer script of 3dsmax doesn't import skins, so how can i link a skin to my model with 3dsmax (i don't know use it ... i noob) when i export it, or may be paint my model with 3dsmax and transform the texture in blp... i don't know ( after i know how to import it in the editor )

2. VGsatomi

VGsatomi

Webmaster's Council

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    It imports the skin, just not the actual image file. You have to goto UV settings to change anytthing regarding that, which is ill-advised. To alter the skin, you need either war3viewer or the blp tool to convert it to something that can be edited by photopshop or some other image porgram.
    -VGsatomi

3. Mat

Mat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thx for help

4. Mat

Mat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    i don't find UV settings :oops:

5. Mat

Mat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    in fact i want to know how to set the path of the skins in 3dsmax because world editor can't put skin on the model if the path of the skin are not set in 3dsmax ( i don't know i to do) :(

6. Pike

Pike

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    If you are using 3dsmax 4 or 5 you can use art tools to help you export the model. You know how to use them or you want a short tutorial?

7. Mat

Mat

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I know.... i have 3dsmax7 that's sux but i don't have the choice my brother use it for modeling...