• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Blaze of Glory: Alternative Lore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I can make the Frostwolf Clan split. The older generation leaving for Draenor while the Younger ones staying. Without the leadership of Drek'thar, the Frostwolf Warriors have trouble choosing the path on which they will follow. The warrior-like society or the shamanistic heritage. You are right, Drek'thar shouldn't die, his important.

I been visiting Gamerisle where the Glory of the Horde had thought out some pretty cool stuff. Including this http://www.forums.gamerisle.org/index.php?topic=8161.0 I think I can work something out between the Dwarves and try clearing some things out.

Ner'zhul in outside would want peace, but inside he craved respect and power like his apprentice Gul'dan. Invitation of the Trolls and the Goblins sounds reasonable since they had once visited Draenor in mass during the "Beyond the Dark Portal" timeline.

Speaking of Draenor, I would also like for you to take on the request to create Draenor on the side of the map for me. I know you are busy with your Fall of Draenor Campaign, but I can't think of any other person than yourself to do this. Plus, I know you can do better than I. Just think about it for now.

Level 23
I'll be glad to help, however I wont have much time soon. Also, FoD is a mod.

Im not saying Drek'thar will take his clan with him. Drek'thar will mysterioulsy vanish from Azeroth.

Im not sure if Dark Irons will ever join the other dwarves.

Level 23
Yeah, I know about her, but it happened much later, and it will take a long time for child to grow and become ruler of both, Ironforge and Blackrock. Plus, knowing about what happened, Ironforge dwraves, would never except the child as one of them, and especially not their leader. Most likely it would begin a new war between dwarves.
However its a long time till that.

Especially since it happened years after.

Level 6
Is this Stromgarde?
Also, I'd recommend you to make the fontain ruined, tint all the white doodads darker, add a few living trees and some dead. Make more house ruins!
Also, you need to use more tiles.

It was a Stromgarde. I will try tinting the walls and the doodads.

Level 6
Teron? I dunno, What do you think?

I checked Dwarf Campaign out and it was epic. Although I thought when the gnoll came in in the last missions, it was outta character. City of the Seven golems are awesome.

Level 23
Also, I rechecked the updated storyline. I dont think jungle trolls would ally Twilight Clans, however forest trolls would. Still I think that forest trolls will make exodus to Draenor only if Zul'aman was destroyed, yet a small group of tribe or two could settle in Draenor under Nerzhuls guidance. Still their home would need to be destroyed, which means it has to be some tribe from Lordaeron(Maybe Shadowglen tribe from TFT?)

I think that jungle trolls should be on their own, unlike forest trolls.

Teron Gorefiend? I think that since Nerzhul wants to return to shamanism, Teron would be the opposing force. I dont think there should be many independent clans on Draenor, but Teron with his order of Death Knights could be trying to take control of part of Draenor. He would most likely secretly make fortress in Auchindoun. If he took refuge in Auchindoun, it would mean that he is friends with a "clan" called Cabal + part of Shadow Council.

Also, here are clans that were on Draenor during Second War:
Shadomoon, Warsong, Shattered Hand, Thunderlord, Bladewind, Lightning's Blade, Laughing Skull and Bonechewer clan.
Thunderlord and Laughing Skull clan should be neutral. Lightnings Blade should be neutral(friends with Thunderlord) and Bladewind clan should be some sort of unused or small clan of Nerzhul.

Also will you give me the map to make Draenor while I still have time? I can also make Kezan. BTW, I would recommend you to make Zul'aman like it looked on WCIII maps(in tutorial).

Are you going to include City of the Seven Mithril Golems? :D

Last edited:
Level 6
I like the fact that the Amani would take on a exodus to Draenor, while some other clan took over Zul'aman, but we don't want to sound too clever, I wanted something simple but that could also be implemented later.

Jungle Trolls can be neutral.

Teron and the Cabal can have Auchindoun.

The clans of Draenor are divided in two. The one that sides with the burning legion of the Hellfire Citadel, and of Ner'zhul in the Black Temple. I think Warsong and the Shattered Hand should side with the Demons since Grom and Kargarth was one of the first to drink the blood and both were very angry people.

Thunderlord should be with Ner'zhul since they are a ancient and traditional clan and would also want to see peace Ner'zhul had promised like the old times.

Golem city is definitely included. Im drawing lot of inspiration from other epic custom campaigns such as mathias Chronicles.

There are lot of other important characters we didn't talk about like Garithos, Kel'thuzard, Uther, and Deathwing,

Level 23
Garithos... no idea. Kel'thuzad was a member of the Six - ruling council of Kirin Tor. He was studying necromancy beliveing they should know it since orcs used it against them.
He was sent away from Dalaran because of that, but it happened after Draenor was destroyed and Dalaran rebuilt, so it should take some time and his fate could has been changed.
Uther is a very important person and should be definetly included.
Deathwing... since he wont go to Draenor I have no interest in him.

Most likely Zul'Aman would be taken by high elves who would rebuild Quel'thalas not in the burned forest of Eversong, but in Zul'Aman resulting a few tribes joining Nerzhul and leaving to Draenor.

Level 6
Twilight Clans..
Twilight Hammer Clan..
Just sayin'. ^^

Thought about this, and I think we should just go back to the Shadow Clans, especially cause the remnants of the Stormreaver and Twlight's Hammer are gonna join up with Teron, we don't want it to be like "Man, wheres the Twlight's Hammer in the Twlight Clans?"

Anyways, hope this will make things lil more clearer, it's the list of the division in the individual Orcish clans and their loyalities.

Orcish Horde
  • Blackrock Clan - Rend and Maim Blackhand
  • Warsong Clan - Grom Hellscream
  • Shattered Hand Clan - Kargath Bladefist
  • Dragonmaw Clan - Zuluhed the Whacked (Challenged by Skullcrusher)
  • Burning Blade Clan - Jubei’Thos
  • Splitting Heads Clan - Unknown
  • Battlehelm Clan - Unknown

Shadow Clans
  • Shadowmoon Clan - Ner’zhul
  • Bleeding Hollow Clan - Kilrogg Deadeye
  • Bonechewer Clan - Hurkan Skullsplinter
  • Laughing Skull Clan - Mogor the Ogre
  • Bloodwisp Clan - Vorpil
  • Bladewind Clan - Unknown

The Cabal

• Gul'dan's Remnants - Teron Gorefiend

Loyalist Clans
  • Blackrock Clan - Orgrim Doomhammer
  • Frostwolf Clan - Thrall Or Nazgrel
  • Thunderlord Clan - Fenris the Hunter
  • Lightning’s Blade Clan - Unknown

Last edited:
Level 23
Yeah, I think Shadow Clans are better, especially if Nerzhul prepares shamanism secretly.

Wait, you mean there are 2 clans that belong to Loyalists and 2 clans that belong to the Horde in Draenor? Man, Nerzhul really should unite with Akama sooner and begin purging of those who do not belong on Draenor! Or at least making them serve him.

Also, Cabal should consist of two factions - Gul'dans Remnants(Shadow Council Remnants) and Order of Death Knights(Order of Darkriders/Darkriders).

About the map... terrain needs improvement. Why do you need Kezan to be in a "dungeon"? And most important, there's no place for Draenor. Draenor should be about the size of Lordaeron(without Gilneas, Stromgarde and Quel'thalas)

EDIT: I agree with Fussiler, but I actually think that Laughing Skull should be neutral in the beginning and given a choise - join Shadow Clans or Loyalists. They can also remain neutral.

EDIT EDIT:
I just found out that during Beyond the Dark Portal, Nerzhul accidemntally found Cabal in Auchindoun while running from Allaince. When he understoof who they are he told them about the treachery of the Shadow Council. Cabal swore allegince to Nerzhul, but remained in Auchindoun, continuing to practise dark magics, despite was Nerzhul said.
So they would most likely be neutral to Shadow Clans, especially since Teron has no interest in fighting or joining Shadow Clans. He and his order would only join somebody if they promised a reward so great, even the death knights would be convinced.

Last edited:
Level 6
Theres minor problems with that, we can only have 12 players, theres 19 clans up there and we didn't even mentioned the Remnant forces yet, I will have to find someway to cut off the fat and merge the forces together.

If theres no way you can squeeze Draenor in there, then I will just fix up the lore to have draenor play small role, like just sending reinforcements.

EDIT: I might start the lore from the times of the first war. After playing this http://staff.samods.org/deicide/, and reading the "Fist of the Blackhand" Alternate time, I found that the lore behind it is pretty rich.

Status
Not open for further replies.