1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The poll for Hive's 12th Concept Art Contest is up! Go cast your vote for your favourite genie!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Travel to distant realms and encounter scenes unknown to the common folk. The Greatest of Adventures is upon us with the 8th Cinematic Contest. Join in on a fun ride.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Blade and Blood

Submitted by Arad MNK
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Cinematic Contest #6 Entry: Arad MNK's Blade and Blood

Blade and Blood
Created by Arad MNK
[​IMG]
Cinematic Info:

There it is! My entry after 2 months!!
Includes a basic intro, credits + story narration, fight, again credits parts.
Can't tell much but: Hope you like it.

Screenshots and Videos:

Screenshots

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

Credits:

Special Thanks:
  • Bribe
  • Saeed Ramez (from DevianArt, he made the Loading screen background)
  • Anitraf and iNfraNe
  • the Hive Workshop
  • Blizzard Entertainment
Also thanks to:

Xezko, Radicool, Stanakin, shockwave and olyvian for textures.
Thrikodius, HateCrew, Graber, Tobyfat50, WILL THE ALMIGHTY, Aquis, Felipe Gormadoc, Tavalaj, UTM, B2M and ikillforeyou for their models.
Blizzard Entertainment and incompetech.com for their Musics.

Author's notes:

I worked hard on this for some time, but I'm not gonna protect it. So basically it is unprotected for people who want to learn. Also, for best results, use the 1920x1080x32 video resolution for Warcraft III and 1600x900 Screen resolution from control panel. If your resolution differs a lot, the cameras might go out of some rooms!! (And show some unfinished parts which have been hidden by camera angles).

Map Description Template Created by -Kobas- + Me
Find more here: Map Description - Templates

Keywords:
blade, blood, arad mnk
Contents

Blade and Blood (Map)

Reviews
15:14, 19th Mar 2016 Ardenian: Great atmosphere, great use of terrain tricks and doodads, great choice of music. The movement of the units seemed often inaccurate and/or misplayed and blood stayed in the air, sometimes. Nonetheless, a...
  1. 15:14, 19th Mar 2016
    Ardenian: Great atmosphere, great use of terrain tricks and doodads,
    great choice of music.

The movement of the units seemed often inaccurate and/or
    misplayed and blood stayed in the air, sometimes.

Nonetheless, a short, but enjoyable cincematic showing that
    you invested time learning with a decent result.

2. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    OOPS! Forgot to add preview screen!

I have no time for that... I hope it won't be much of a problem.

EDIT: Forgot to change my name too!

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  3. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Finally. :) No worries, preview or name should be nothing. Will check it and give my first impression soon. :)

EDIT: Watched it. Terrain was very good, music as well, same goes for amazing voice acting by DivineArms. Storyline was quite simplistic in my opinion, but warcraftish. There were some things that didn't appeal much for me, perhaps it seemed like it, but at least one camera was a bit off, it showed nothing, some cameras are a bit placed on side, so characters are in the side or top, cutting the action, but there were few of those cameras, those could have been adjusted for a better view. Also a black sky and bright blue surroundings seem to catch an eye. Also personally I would have liked all the action happen a bit faster as well. But it was good, flying units and terrain did a fine job, good luck with the contest. :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  4. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I really hope I could make it better... but as I mentioned, bye bye PC for 2 weeks!! Thanks for viewing this though :)

P.S. The cameras are off? Maybe the resolution difference is doing, my screen resolution (the one in Control Panel) is 1600x900, and Warcraft III is 1920x1080x32, maybe the resolution is different?

5. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Mine is 1360x768 or something similar, it may be it I guess.

6. Rex.

Rex.

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    That size...

How long is the map?

7. Radicool

Radicool

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Music didn't play when I ran the cinematic. Did anyone else experience this problem?

8. APproject

APproject

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I did as well, but only after alt-tabbing.

Cinematic contest's rule was that cinematic sequence must not exceed 5 minutes, so it is 5 minutes or less.

9. Daffa the Mage

Daffa the Mage

Map Moderator

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Okay, that's one huge cinematic map, I mean file size spaking,

10. FireTiger

FireTiger

Resources:
    Resources:
    Excellent!! ;).

11. Warseeker

Warseeker

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Hum! So this is your cinematic for the Cinematic Contest! Well, Good luck :D
    I'll take a look on the cinematic :)

12. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Can somebody review this please...? I just want to make sure it's ready for approval once I get my hands on my PC after 10 days and import a preview screen :)

Super weird, mine was running EVEN when alt-tabbing :p but the timing fudged up...

Thank you!

A hope for a review! Thanks.

EDIT: Map ready for reviews.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2016
  13. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    You should upload a video for cinematics with a huge size.

Though it will give your maps less amazing statistics due the download count shrinking.

14. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    This might seem weird to you guys... But I can't due to 2 reasons:

1. I live in Iran and Youtube is filtered there (Filters are categorized; for example Musics are filtered but Gaming isn't). Using a VPN slows the upload speed hard.
    2. I've tried to capture a video using VLC, VSDC, and a couple of other softwares. VLC crashed. VSDC captured a HORRIBLE video, like the game was crashing every second and coming back to life again. I... Couldn't capture one.

15. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well I recorded my lastest cinematic in 1080p, after optimizing the file it was 400 mb which took two hours to upload or something. Likely a bit less.

Should be do-able over night even with a VPN. Unless you got worse internet than me, obviously.

16. Arad MNK

Arad MNK

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Much worse... probably :p

17. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Almost lacks common sense.
    A creep coming out of thin air killing somebody then that somebody's relative trained to take vengeance (with what certainty? Why was only his wife killed? Etc.). The villain almost told all of his traits and weaknesses just to be burned to death by the sunlight... That not only makes the villain stupid but the "hero" a loser.
    If not for the lovely visuals...
    There are also credits during the first part of the cinematic as well as at the end. This is not a long film to have text on the screen for the beginning. It's a clip, it needs no interference as it distracts from the point of interest. Short movies have to be concise in what they tell.