• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] Black ingame minimap (or any image)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey,

Basically i want to completely disable the minimap of my map. I searched through the internet and found many many tutorials that always list the same steps:

1. create a black .tga image
2. import it into your map with the asset manager
3. change imported file name to war3mapMap.tga

Well it does not work for me.

Since i want to completely disable the minimap i would also like to hide all units on the minimap. I am not sure if a black image would also achieve this.

Do you have any other ideas?

Level 18
To hide units, make sure the 'Stats - Hide Minimap Display' is set to True in the object editor.

Level 2

Attachments

• minimap.png
    minimap.png
    71.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 2
thank you! now i have a black minimap as i wanted :)
Well actually it does not work, just tried it with my pc and notebook (1vs1). On my pc the minimap stays black, on my notebook the minimap is still normal. After testing some other maps with my pc i just found out that I fucked up my minimap as it is now black in every game lol...

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
Not sure if you're using patch 1.31+ but you can hide the minimap completely like so:
vJASS:
local framehandle frame = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_MINIMAP, 0)
BlzFrameClearAllPoints(frame)
BlzFrameSetPoint(frame, FRAMEPOINT_BOTTOMLEFT, Default.gameUI, FRAMEPOINT_BOTTOMLEFT, 0.0200, 0.009)
BlzFrameSetSize(frame, 0.10, 0.09)
I don't think those values are correct as I copied them from someone else's post but you can mess around with them. I assume setting the size to something like 0.01 and moving the frames offscreen would do the trick.

Last edited:
Level 2
Not sure if you're using patch 1.31+ but you can hide the minimap completely if you are:
I don't think those values are correct as I copied them from someone else's post but you can mess around with them. I assume setting the size to something like 0.01 and moving the frames offscreen.

nice thank you!

with the following trigger you get a completely black minimap, no camera bounds, no units, nothing :)
  • BlackMinimap
    • Events
      • Map initialization
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: local framehandle frame = BlzGetOriginFrame(ORIGIN_FRAME_MINIMAP, 0)
      • Custom script: call BlzFrameClearAllPoints(frame)
      • Custom script: call BlzFrameSetPoint(frame, FRAMEPOINT_BOTTOMLEFT, frame, FRAMEPOINT_BOTTOMLEFT, 0.0200, 0.009)
      • Custom script: call BlzFrameSetSize(frame, 0.10, 0.09)
      • Game - Disable ally color button and Disable creep camp button

Status
Not open for further replies.