• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Black Arrow Bug?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I don't think I've ever used this ability before really.. but I have and now I've come across an interesting issue...

I've made a custom ability that is on a melee Hero but it seems to be acting as a passive? I thought it was just not taking mana but when I take it off autocast the effect is still there. Only post I could find about it was Black Arrow Skill Acting Like Passive but there's not actually an answer on it?

Is this fixable??

Level 7
Hmm, I'll have a look but you could always trigger it if it doesn't work with the skill itself.

Edit; Changing the attack type of your hero to missile seems to fix it; I'm not 100% sure what the wider implications of that would be though.

Last edited:
Level 13
That's a very odd bug... unfortunately that would cause issues as things like thorns & vampiric aura are used in the map.

How would I go about triggering that? I could make it so just any kills would summon the zombies but I'd prefer it to have the mana cost etc

Level 7
That's a very odd bug... unfortunately that would cause issues as things like thorns & vampiric aura are used in the map.

How would I go about triggering that? I could make it so just any kills would summon the zombies but I'd prefer it to have the mana cost etc
Create a channel ability or whatever that you prefer, then create another ability based off "parasite" naga spell, and order your dummy unit to cast that spell, whenever your unit casts black arrow spell.

Level 13
Aeryn's method should work mostly fine, but if your skill has to be used also by the AI I'd take extra care into selecting a base spell that would be used by the AI when you want it to (Channel wouldn't cut it). As far as autocasts go I sincerely have no idea what would be a good base (Fire Arrows, maybe?), but if you don't actually need it to be an autocast you could easily base it off Roar and use the buff it'd leave on the hero in a trigger check that then would activate the dummy thing. The AI should use it properly that way.

Level 13
Thanks for the replies. From past experience I'm pretty sure on-attack autocasts don't trigger the spell use, only when you actively use the ability button (so unfortunately fire arrows wouldn't work).

Thinking something like Immolation could maybe work? Not sure if the AI would use it if it had no damage on it though...

Level 13
Thanks for the replies. From past experience I'm pretty sure on-attack autocasts don't trigger the spell use, only when you actively use the ability button (so unfortunately fire arrows wouldn't work).
You could still use a damage event and check if the attacker unit has that autocast active (there should be a function for that, right? Can't check atm)

Thinking something like Immolation could maybe work? Not sure if the AI would use it if it had no damage on it though...
Immolation is an okay workaround and the AI should have no issues with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.