• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Birth Animation Shows in Portrait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 21
I found this Murloc Barracks model at XGM. However, the animations weren't fitting with the other buildings I'm using, so I decided to give it animations similar to Orc structures.
Problem: In Model Editor and Mdlvis, everything looks fine, but when I test it in game, I see that the construction beams and dust particles from the birth animation appear in the portrait. I checked the visibility of geosets and particles, and they all look fine. So what could possibly be causing this?

Edit: Solved by Ujimasa Hojo

Attachments

• TrainingCamp.mdx
    184.1 KB · Views: 70
Last edited:
Level 21
TRY THIS: RENAME STAND ANIMATION IN "STAND PORTRAIT". AND IT WILL SHOW STAND ANIMATION IN PORTRAIT INSTEAD OF BIRTH.
I realize that I can just remove the Portrait animation and use Stand instead but I want it to have a proper portrait animation with a team colored plane in the background. I've been editing models for a long time, but this problem is unlike anything I've ever seen. I even tried to make the Birth animation a separate model, and attach it with an attachment point (like Undead, Night Elf and Naga buildings have their birth models attached). However, the birth animation shows in the portrait even when it's attached.

Level 21
My guess is that somehow those two animations utilize partially the same frames or whatever.
That seems to be the case. But how is that even possible when those two animations have completely different intervals? (Portrait: 250000 - 250498 Birth: 300000 - 360000)
Just make a separate model and optimize it a lot. Don't mind cutting down the unseen parts of it and such.
I think I'll have to go with this.

Level 60
That seems to be the case. But how is that even possible when those two animations have completely different intervals? (Portrait: 250000 - 250498 Birth: 300000 - 360000)

Convert the model into MDL and then open in notepad. Find "Sequences" and check if the Portrait sequence comes after Birth. Arrange the sequences such that the Sequence numbers are in order.

Status
Not open for further replies.