1. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The Aftermath has been revealed for the 19th Terraining Contest! Be sure to check out the Results and see what came out of it.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Melee Mapping Contest #3 - Results are out! Congratulate the winners and check plenty of new 4v4 melee maps designed for this competition!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The winners of our cinematic soundtrack competition have been decided! Step by the Music Contest #11 - Results to check the entries and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice

Bigger-than-Raid groups

Discussion in 'World of Warcraft' started by stan0033, Feb 23, 2019.

1. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    So I just have this idea that Blizzard could implement military groups beyond Raids.
    Party - (up to) 5 people
    Raid - 8 parties = (up to)40 people
    legion- 8 raids = (up to)320 people
    corps- 8 legions = (up to)2560
    army - 8 corps = (up to)20480 people
    Front/Army group - 8 armies = (up to)163840

I know servers, neither your PC, can't support that much people, but would be amazing to see.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2019
  2. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well the 320 people would be amazing to see just as a gimmick, the other levels are kind of unnecesary as I am certain the servers would crash from 320 players in 1 spot. My favourite zone of all time, Timeless Isle had this exact problem where a few hundred people would gather all in the same place to kill rares and my server, Stormscale-EU crashed repeatedly for over a month. IT WAS FANTASTIC!

3. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    While I do think it is kinda cool..

Realistically, everyone would be stacked on top of each other so you wouldn't be able to truly appreciate how many people there are.

Still a 80 man boss or something could potentially be cool.

Though one concern is the raid frames, in order to manage your army you need to be able to see how many people are in it. How can you heal your allies if there are not raid frames.
    And 320 raid frames wont fit even if you slim it down to the extent that they are barely clickable.

4. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    You would probably have to make a page for every 40 people in the mega-raid that you could switch between, it is most assuredly possible, but considering that it would lead to a massive amount of server crashes it would never be implemented.

5. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    You can use a listview to see the whoel group and have a searchbox for legion-and-up groups.

6. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Voice Comms: "I am low, heal me"
    Healer: "Which page are you on?"
    *checks* "page three"
    "I got you fam" *scrolls to page 3 from page 8*

This probably takes 2-3 seconds -.-

Efficient

Obviously, you could have one healer in each group or something. But I feel like it is not flexible enough.
    In 40 man raids you did that, one healer per 5 people. But you could still see everyone so if one group took extra damage you could help out.

7. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I'm sure there could be though of soemthing to solve this like... there is a panel to see your raid and panels for the bigger groups,

or
    in the grooups you can see more clearly who is on low health
    or
    when soeone talks on comm their name apears clickable on the chat

8. Chaosy

Chaosy

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Realistically, the only way I see this working out is that there is a healer setting that only displays targets that are not full hp.

Still, only works for 80 man at most. 300 frames > boss does aoe ability > 300 unit frames

9. stan0033

stan0033

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Alright, but can you enjoy the idea?

10. Razosh

Razosh

Resources:
    Resources:
    Idealy you'd spread the healers out over more than one group so they all kept a look on their individual tab, still admitadly people would die far more often, because 1 player is now barely 1/3 of 1% but assuming that the group is organized, which is the difficult part it should work fine. Tanks would also, obviously, to simplify for the healers have a small tab of their own which all could see.

Assuming that you geniunly found 320 talented and organized players it is possible, I wasn't really debating whether it should be done, in fact for multiple reasons it shouldn't be, but my point was rather that it is possible and it would be really fun.