• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Better in numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Is there any way to make an aura that if other units enter this aura (4 types of units) then those units are effected and the aura gives a greater boost to stats, per unit in the aura? Example: The base aura gives .5 armor bonus and 1 attack bonus, another unit enters the aura and then the aura gives 1 armor bonus and 2 attack bonus and so on at this scale. If so please post It will help me a lot.

Please and thank you.

Level 6
If I understand the question, then yes, there is a way.

Suppose you want Devo Aura as the base, and as each unit enters the AoE of the aura, the aura upgrades (which I think is what you're talking about). Simply put a "dummy aura" as the Aura that your hero/unit learns. This Aura is just for looks, and the tooltip, and doesn't actually do anything. Next, put the aura you want (Devo Aura, in this case?) in a disabled spell book, and give Devo Aura 100 levels. Then, level 1 of the Aura gives +.5 Armor, level 2 gives +1 Armor, etcetc. Next, when the hero/unit gets the "dummy aura," add this disabled spell book to the learning unit at level 1. Then, whenever a unit comes within x distance of the learning unit, increase the level of the Devo Aura which you have in the disabled spell book. I can make a demo map in GUI if you'd like to see how this would be done using just a few triggers.

Status
Not open for further replies.