• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Better Altered Melee

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I am creating an altered melee where I will add more races and separate some races (like separating trolls from orcs). And I need a very unique ideas that will make a great difference from my map (ex. heroes that can build structures, unique structure upgrades, etc.) It would be a pleasure if you help me ;)

Level 15
I've always experimented on the OCR (One-Click-Research) system in Faction Wars, the idea was to be able to spend resources in upgrades and research without the time in doing so. The implementation was lackluster and bare bone that I had to rely on standard object editor, but perhaps there is something to be built upon the system.

Also, in its supposedly spiritual successor, EchoStorm. I've always wanted to create a map that would feel like old school C&C games that units wouldn't have food cap/limit.

I hope this helps. If you are having a hard time thinking of systems for your map, I would really recommend that you play other RTS games aside Warcraft 3. My suggestions includes Company of Heroes and Halo Wars.

I also suggest you try posting a similar thread here: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/idea-factory-462/
And lastly, I know this is shamelessly advertising my map though I hope this helps, try this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/faction-wars-v-2-a-171905/

Deleted member 238589

D

Deleted member 238589

Ken has some good ideas, but IMO One-Click-Research is hardly adaptable in any type of melee maps (You can understand why). As for my idea, well, maybe you should create something like upgradable training facilities (example: Upgrade Barracks into Elite Barracks to create the same, but improved units or even some new ones)
Good luck with this project anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.