• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Best way to introduce Lore texts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Many games allow you to pick up little notes along the way with stories and hints.

How would you go about implementing that in a custom campaign?

So far I went with a search quest and had the texts go to your Log as game messages.

It works alright, but of course it's clunky, for it seems you need to have the game message show up on your screen at least 0.1 seconds, and that looks weird, especially with larger texts.

So how would you go about it?

Level 3
You should probably clarify exactly what you are trying to do; I don't see how a Game Message/Quest Update and change to quest description wouldn't fit your needs for this purpose, but I don't entirely understand the problem, either.

Level 13
Thanks to both of you, I was really just looking for ideas, and that interface tool looks really mind-blowing.

I think I will settle for having each bit of lore as an "optional quest" instantly discovered and completed once you pick up an artifact.

Status
Not open for further replies.