• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Melee] Beneath the Surface

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Beneath the Surface

So I am creating a new Melee Map, the theme is Underwater and I am trying to make it as polished and good looking as I can before releasing it. I am known melee map maker among the melee map players/makers here in The Hive Workshop. You can check out my melee maps via my profile.

I am pretty precise for the quality of my maps and as I want to make this map special and very detailed and unique I am asking help from you guys.

Firstly I would like to ask if I should import music to the map. A music track that fits the feeling of underwater, you know what I mean and you could also suggest some tracks if you think I should include music.

Secondly I am very willing to have good looking models that fits the bottom of the ocean. As blizzard has not made too many of them I ask you to come in here. If you know any good models to underwater thingies let me know of them. Also skins are very welcome.

Thirdly I want to ask you guys for cool badass actives in the map. Like thunde on land (that creates random lightning somewhere on the map and deals damage.) If you have any similar or any good ideas for such things underwater tell me.

Thanks already.

Currently deciced things:
1. Every unit will make bubbles (breathing).
2. Large Bubbles.
3. Murrays that bite the units passing next to them.

Last edited:
Level 30
I like your melee maps and making something that is polished than your others is ineteresting.

Just some notes, this is already an Altered Melee Map because you plan to add custom files and imports into it.

For some suggestions and ideas, with just a Blue/Light Blue/Dark Blue fog I do think you can already make a decent underwater terrain, just some models for decors. Maybe this: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models.php?search=Underwater&d=list&r=20. Also, for some random activities or events occuring at game, maybe could make water twisters occur at random points at map, it has the effect of Tornado lifting them from ground and after effects is heavy damage.

That is all and I shall give you more ideas when I thought of more. Best of luck with this project of yours!

Remixer

Map Reviewer
Level 31
Teaser:
202900-albums6845-picture75336.jpg

Still looking for a good tree model (most likely a coral) or something have not found yet since the one that is on hive is not good looking in my opinion.

Level 30
Teaser:
202900-albums6845-picture75336.jpg

Still looking for a good tree model (most likely a coral) or something have not found yet since the one that is on hive is not good looking in my opinion.

Hmmm, I do think Trees wont fit on underwater. Maybe you could brainstorm on changing Lumber into something more like Rocks where you can gather it either on rock doodads or coral rocks and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.