• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

BattleKnight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
Hey I had an idea for a wc3 RPG. It would be based upon the browser based game Battleknight or the new US server.

I had the idea to take things from the game and make it into an RPG.
There would be three Orders that you can join at the beginning (all based on actual orders from the game).

1.) The End - would be Blood-Elf based, I already have a couple of models in mind.

2.) Void Alliance - would be Night Elf based.

3.) Guardians of Light - would either be human based, which I don't really want to do because humans and blood-elf buildings are the same, or Orc based, which is still another idea I don't really want.

Everyone would start off as a Footman and through quests have the ability to turn Good or Evil.

At a certain level, I'm thinking level 5, you can upgrade to either Good or Evil.
Then at level 15, 25, 50, and 100 you would be able upgrade your knight even more.

Each upgrade would give your knight a different model and different abilities. Though hopefully the damage from upgrade to upgrade wouldn't be that big of a difference.

There would be neutral creeps to kill and quests to perform. Also each order would get its own base in their corner of the map.

I have ideas for the map, but I'm not very good at drawing.

Any ideas would be helpful.. And don't be like "Zomg this idae suxxorszz lulz".. give me reasons..

Thanks!

Level 12
Heres how I feel about it
Spells-I don't like "Good" or "evil" Spells... Spells are just power... what they are used for and what kind of playing style it promotes is what changes Whether its good or evil.....
-Sucking life-Promotes loners
-Mass Healing-Promotes army people

I don't know much about battle knight based on the site... But...

None of what you said sounds very special though doesn't mean not fun...
Just describe a bit more....
I'll help you a bit here and there depending...

Level 14
I agree with your point about Good and Evil.
I wouldn't try to make the spells affected by whether the person is Good or Evil.
I'm not really sure what they would be, since the game is pretty limited in terms of that, but I would work on it.

I know it wasn't a great description.. I was in a hurry.

Good and Evil in this case are only "paths" you can choose from. The spells and abilities probably wouldn't be all that affected but I would have to make 11 sets of different abilities. 1 for the starting neutral, and then 5 per Good and Evil.. and I (or whoever) would try to make them all different and unique in some way.

I think in terms of game play the goal would be to get stronger and defeat the members of the other orders, or if you're in single player to complete all the quests.

Hopefully there would be a multi-player mode or a single-player mode.

I still don't know if I explained enough o_O

Level 12
I agree with your point about Good and Evil.
I wouldn't try to make the spells affected by whether the person is Good or Evil.
I'm not really sure what they would be, since the game is pretty limited in terms of that, but I would work on it.

I know it wasn't a great description.. I was in a hurry.

Good and Evil in this case are only "paths" you can choose from. The spells and abilities probably wouldn't be all that affected but I would have to make 11 sets of different abilities. 1 for the starting neutral, and then 5 per Good and Evil.. and I (or whoever) would try to make them all different and unique in some way.

I think in terms of game play the goal would be to get stronger and defeat the members of the other orders, or if you're in single player to complete all the quests.

Hopefully there would be a multi-player mode or a single-player mode.

I still don't know if I explained enough o_O

Sounds reasonable, I have yet to see a game that is worth playing online and offline without it being melee, this game could be an exception... if made right...

Each quest would have to be might interesting... I had a theory about single player games before... that they should teach you how to be better in multiplayer games... Help you understand tactics in terms of Ambushes, Open Feild Battles, Different weapons good for different scenarios, Choosing the quickest path, Making sure your enemy has no idea where you are, Tracking your enemy...

These I imagine are the types of things that should be quests.... not "Deliver the package"
Because Delivery is annoying.... and silly....

From what I saw you can have body gaurds, yes?

Level 14
Sounds reasonable, I have yet to see a game that is worth playing online and offline without it being melee, this game could be an exception... if made right...

Each quest would have to be might interesting... I had a theory about single player games before... that they should teach you how to be better in multiplayer games... Help you understand tactics in terms of Ambushes, Open Feild Battles, Different weapons good for different scenarios, Choosing the quickest path, Making sure your enemy has no idea where you are, Tracking your enemy...

These I imagine are the types of things that should be quests.... not "Deliver the package"
Because Delivery is annoying.... and silly....

From what I saw you can have body gaurds, yes?

Thanks, yeah I was thinking along those lines too.
The quests would not be deliver the mail and stuff.. I hate those.. there are absolutely no point to quests like that.

As for body guards.. I hadn't thought of it, but I don't see why not. I mean there will be certain bases and there would be guards and such.

Level 12
Thanks, yeah I was thinking along those lines too.
The quests would not be deliver the mail and stuff.. I hate those.. there are absolutely no point to quests like that.

As for body guards.. I hadn't thought of it, but I don't see why not. I mean there will be certain bases and there would be guards and such.

I thought the game was just about having a base and taking over other peoples bases... and having a hero that tells everyone else what to do...

But yeah... I hope you don't put in some annoying shet in it...

I have been working on a hypothetical hero...
-It would have a Spellbook that would be for instructing orders
--Roar-Which units will be given orders
--Sentry Ward-Patrol to location from where your standing
--Farsight-Move to Target

While there would be ways to detect patrols through seeing invisible points (Your memory apparently gives off electromagnetic waves and if people have the special site, they will be able to see what your thinking aboot)

I could give you the system when I'm done with it...

Level 14
hmm originally it was going to be a straight up rpg.. but that sounds interesting.

that sounds really cool man. That'd be nice of you.

(Sorry for short response and long wait in between responses.. I'm on vacation with very limited access.. in fact I think this might be the last time I'm going to be on the computer until sunday night)

Level 12
hmm originally it was going to be a straight up rpg.. but that sounds interesting.

that sounds really cool man. That'd be nice of you.

(Sorry for short response and long wait in between responses.. I'm on vacation with very limited access.. in fact I think this might be the last time I'm going to be on the computer until sunday night)

This is a prototype

Attachments

• Small AoS Map.w3x
    47.3 KB · Views: 81
Level 11
I like lots of paragraphs! It helps people feel free to read a post. Nice idea, I'd like killing creeps and leveling up, but sometimes visiting shops to buy some items. But the best thing is that your hero changes its model! +rep if you post/upload your map. Though, I'm away from warcraft and will bookmark the page.

Level 14
Thanks, I still haven't gotten my computer back on the internet (sigh) but I am still working on it without the internet. Hmm I'll get a flash drive or something and move it to this computer.

@Formula1 I'm sorry for not posting here sooner I've been busy, but I like the idea, I'm going to work on it more extensively.

Level 12
Thanks, I still haven't gotten my computer back on the internet (sigh) but I am still working on it without the internet. Hmm I'll get a flash drive or something and move it to this computer.

@Formula1 I'm sorry for not posting here sooner I've been busy, but I like the idea, I'm going to work on it more extensively.

Its your map my man... You spend as much time/lack of time as you want need...
SOme maps should never be made...
But so long as you keep the concepts and make a mini map with them... you'll be able to at least remember the maps you did make....

I'll help you... but the most valuable thing isn't necessarilly the map... the peices of the map that make it...
That way you can at least mix and match later on when you get lazy.... and dont feel like making an ENTIRE MAP.... or just to submit them as spells....

Level 14
Its your map my man... You spend as much time/lack of time as you want need...
SOme maps should never be made...
But so long as you keep the concepts and make a mini map with them... you'll be able to at least remember the maps you did make....

I'll help you... but the most valuable thing isn't necessarilly the map... the peices of the map that make it...
That way you can at least mix and match later on when you get lazy.... and dont feel like making an ENTIRE MAP.... or just to submit them as spells....

Thanks.. I'm working on the terrain as of right now (which I'm not good at, but it'll get the general idea done).. the two attached pictures are the real map from the game.. and a crappy picture of what the map might look like that I did in paint :)

I'm thinking of using some of these models for the different levels.
Dark lvl 1 Dark lvl 2 and Dark lvl 3 .. nothing is set though.. those are just some skins/models I liked while browsing the the skin and model sections.

Good lvl 1 then Good lvl 2 would be the Blood Elf Captain. Good lvl 3 .. again these are just ideas.. And I know before I said there would be 5 levels for good/evil.. but depending on how many models I can find it may or may not be.
I'm gonna work on it tonight some more.. hopefully some decent ideas will come to mind.

Attachments

• Map.jpg
    Map.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 107
  • New Picture1.jpg
    New Picture1.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Level 11
To force you to generate various ideas you must first give yourself a theme, then take a sheet and write down on it what you have to add to your map. That's how I write my whole map - there's also written why is everything happening that adds additional material for your map. Then when I get free time, I take my sheet (shi-), open WE and do what is approximately read by my sheet (list).

Level 14
yeah.. summer seems to do that..I mean I have all the time in the world to do it.. it's just something about the season that makes me lazy XD

Level 12
yeah.. summer seems to do that..I mean I have all the time in the world to do it.. it's just something about the season that makes me lazy XD

Yeah........
What was fun about your game again...
I totally forgot....

I think it had something to do with an open RPg....
Ever play Sols?
That was kinda cool...

Its always a race... whu can kill the bosses first...

I wuz thinking about making a 32 by 32 map that is just a simple CtF map...
-Each person has the Command Troops spellbook a couple spells
--I'm thinking a Sleep or Silence or stun and an Area of Effect Spell as well as WIndwalk, MNirror Image and Farsight (For anti Windwalk)

That way I wouldn't have to do any terrain work or anything...

Id just edit the spells a bit... to make it fun with minimal work...
And Make People Understand how to work spells and troops... ina small controollled area...

I just dont feel like spending too much time on a map...
Just a small simple map...

Level 14
lol its alright to forget.. it's an all melee rpg.
erm that would be a good map..
sometimes the smallest maps are the best.

Level 12
lol its alright to forget.. it's an all melee rpg.
erm that would be a good map..
sometimes the smallest maps are the best.

I dont feel like doing alot...
What spells should I put in?
All of them?
I'm feeling some other ones also.....
I would consider customs like jump...

Level 14
lol
@~void~ what server you play on? and yes I hate waits too.. but oh well can't really avoid it.
@formula1, well you can put in whatever you feel like putting in, submit it, and then update it with new skills every now and then lol.. it's what most people seem to do

Level 12
lol
@~void~ what server you play on? and yes I hate waits too.. but oh well can't really avoid it.
@formula1, well you can put in whatever you feel like putting in, submit it, and then update it with new skills every now and then lol.. it's what most people seem to do

True....
I'll see what I'll do.....

Hopefully it'll be fun for people

Level 14
Well, as long as it's fun for you who cares? lol

Oh and update.. I'll try to attach a tentative terrain later

EDIT: ok.. here's a VERY tentative terrain. I know it sucks, get over it, I'm not a terrainer.

Attachments

• BattleKnight Alpha1.w3x
    133 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.