• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A hero map where you cannot control you heroes but they chose if they want to listen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Like i'd do..
All of Player 1's units would actually be lets say.. Player 6's(Computer) with a simple Change Color trigger at the start.
And there would be a ton of triggers that we random based for a different outcome, so a player could issue an order to attack incoming Players units, but it might not.
Obviously there would have to be a great deal of balancing in these triggers..
But to give units "Personailities" would be a cool idea i thought.
Opinions?
Also, there would triggers making it so a hero might just decide he wants to explore the map, or find an enemy base, or eat food etc..

Level 4
well, I think it might go down well, if people have things to do :p. It might get a little boring unless u have something like a distant caster to kill time with :p

Level 6
so like you need some reputation to fully control the hero? or like the hero has some homesick thing that unless something he wants happens, he follows your orders?

Level 6
Yeah something that just give personality to heroes. And of course there'd be tons of stuff to do, it'd be like a strategy, so people would want to train their heroes so that they'd be able to defeat enemy players and creatures.

Level 15
then you must add some voice recognization tool and make "FFS!!! BLOODY !@#-hole, !@#$$%*(&^*&$&^$#&^#@&^, DAMMIT!!!! GO IT!!!! !@$%@$@!!!! FFS!!!" an ultimate command... =DD kidding ofc =))

on a serious note - could be interesting. but you'll need some ability (with veeery long CD perhaps) which will give you total control on all ur units. So things like 'enemy army comes to ur base, ur hero decides to explore the world and all ur units take a day out' doesn't happen

Level 6
Interesting idea...
It would ofcourse be a crapload of work, just creating triggers, but if done well, i think this would be interesting.
A simple demo map might just be "your orders only work 70% of the time", and then we could expand on it, giving each unit different chances to react on different orders(so combat-happy Grunts do the attack commands 90% of the time, but the Defend commands only 60% of the time, while organized footmen swap those values).
Then we throw in a few random triggers that sometimes make the heroes do random stuff, heck maybe something that make nearby standard units follow the hero in whatever he does.

Overall, i like the idea.

Level 6
Interesting idea...
It would ofcourse be a crapload of work, just creating triggers, but if done well, i think this would be interesting.
A simple demo map might just be "your orders only work 70% of the time", and then we could expand on it, giving each unit different chances to react on different orders(so combat-happy Grunts do the attack commands 90% of the time, but the Defend commands only 60% of the time, while organized footmen swap those values).
Then we throw in a few random triggers that sometimes make the heroes do random stuff, heck maybe something that make nearby standard units follow the hero in whatever he does.

Overall, i like the idea.

Well it would take me forever to do it alone, would you like to brainstorm a bit and maybe put together a demo?

Level 6
Id be happy to help, however im not sure i can make time for it between my other projects.
but yeah, ill see what i can do.

Level 4
The idea is a very interesting one, which really makes the player feel like he is ordering around actual people, and not just mindless drones. I say go ahead with this, and good luck, because it sounds very fun.

For what it's worth, you may want to check out this map. It has a system where the Heroes go around and do their own thing.

Level 15
btw, you can add an option for ur ppl to cause a riot... or go and join ur enemy... if you dont pay them enuf.... may add a twist to game economy

Status
Not open for further replies.