• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle of Northrend

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Three days with hard work, I have used some REAL wow models from XGM.

Story: Arthas the Lich King are near the Howling fjord. Scouting after enemy forces like dwarves and humans. But after the long walk, he discovers that weird things starts.

Keywords:
Arthas, Lich King, Lageron Doom Productions, Real Wow, Assasinating, Lord's of Time, Ice Crown
Contents

Battle of Northrend (Map)

Reviews
00:40, 22nd Dec 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 7
There is Arthas model here from low_kwaliti i think. You can download the model. The cinematic effects were good but the terrain was kind a empty. I have made the final vote 2/5.
Also improve the description add screenshots use the BB code to improve the descrpition.

Level 8
but its no reason to reject it :(

Actually, since ripping off WoW models is forbidden by the rules, iirc, so...if it 'breaks' the rules, that's a reason.

Anyhow, cinematic had a lot of grammar errors, and there weren't many cameras/angles to view from :/ Other than that (and WoW models...), it's okay I guess. But I don't get the plot much, tbh. That's just me though.

EDIT: Also, a suggestion; maybe a map review? :)

Level 5
Actually it's just forbidden I belive according to the rules if you dont have a wow account
The Hive Workshop does not condone, nor will it support, the use of World of Warcraft models because:
Models included in World of Warcraft are the exclusive property of Blizzard Entertainment.
Blizzard has never released the World of Warcraft models for public use.
Consumers are therefore required to purchase World of Warcraft and maintain valid game accounts in order to use those models.
Secondly if wow model maps arent allowed, why is this map then allowed? http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...a-172724/?prev=of=downloads_month&r=20&page=6

Level 28
Ripped WoW models: cannot be approved (why yes, stealing models is a reason to reject nowadays...).

Secondly if wow model maps arent allowed, why is this map then allowed? World of Ancients Desert Winds v0.17
Look, if nobody tells me that a map contains WoW rips, then how am I supposed to know? Should I really scan every map for every possible game rip? I don't think so...
The map's description was completely different when I approved it, and I have never seen any reports of any WoW rips, so I couldn't know.
So instead of asking why it didn't get rejected over a reason like that, report the map, and it will get rejected.

Nonetheless, I'll give you something to go with:

Terrain:

The terrain is very flat and barren.
Of course, you've got the ripped WoW models in the background, but apart from those, the terrain looked really bad.
The terrain height hasn't been altered, there are no real doodads, uhm... that's about it.

Polishing:

Your English is... not good, to say the least.
  • "Youve soon dead"
  • "no can punish you..." (Who is this 'no' you speak of? In this sentence, it's a person).
  • "[...] thats not the twice", I don't think you understood the sentence "I'll be twice the king my father ever was" correctly (or at least, it doesn't look like it).
  • "damd ghost!"
The list is endless.

Also, please note: use apostrophes ( ' ) when needed, like I've, Didn't, aren't etc.

Story:

At the start of the cinematic, you've used too much random sounds (some sounds/speech just doesn't match the rest of the cinematic, it looks like you added them just so the cinematic would be slightly longer).
The entire plot isn't clear either: Arthas fights Medivh (okay...), Medivh tries to tell Arthas to become a good king again (useless, Medivh should certainly know this), Arthas kills him, but Medivh will resurrect (again, as he already died before).

Level 6
Well, the first thing is, i am working on a version 2. The terrain is filled with freezed bodies of humans and dwarves, And trees are placed... The reason that Medivh don't die, is that the lords of time "manipulated" the time and its like he never died. Medivh knew that it won't work to convince him but it is no matter don't trying either ;) ... And i know the terrain and English is a bit bad, but im still not quite good at map editing and im really norwegian. But my next version is better. Thats a promise i will held. And yeah, its small with camera angles...