• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Northrend Battles v.004

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: HardOn
Northrend Battles AoS

Game:
Players: 9
Teams: 3
Genre: AoS
Current number of heroes: 26
Current number of items: 64
Terrain: Ice terrain

About the map:

Basicly, the map is based on a map called "AoS Three Kingdoms" which had a lot of success some years ago. It's an AoS where three different teams (North, West and East) fight each-other. The game's objective is simple: destroying the enemies' castles. As in any other AoS, you just pick a hero and start fighting!

To sum, Northrend Battles is just an AoS-map! :grin:

Features:

- a lot of custom spells (actually, in average, each hero has at least 2 spells made by my-self)
- 26 heroes (more will come)
- 64 items (each team hast 6 stores. There are also three neutral stores)
- Bounty-system (killing and destroying increases your bounty, that will be given to the hero killing you)
- crafted items

Have fun!

Keywords:
AoS, GLB, hero, heroes, warcraft, wc3, Aeon of Strife, AOS, custom heroes,
Contents

Northrend Battles v.004 (Map)

Reviews
20:59, 13th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 4
Nice. I like this. Especially some of the Custom skins, icons. 3.5/5. but i think you could still improve this. I voted for Approval.

Reactions: GLB

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Nice. I like this. Especially some of the Custom skins, icons. 3.5/5. but i think you could still improve this. I voted for Approval.

thx! Dont worry, I will improve it. The map isn't finished yet, but it is not a WIP neither! Therefor I posted it in the map seciton. I will add more heroes and more items, btw I thought about adding an option to build towers and special buildings. Any ideas or other suggestions?

@ -HellBreed- : thanks for your review! I will add credits and stuff! I just hadn't the time to it :xxd:

thx! :cute:

Last edited:
Level 4
thx! Dont worry, I will improve it. The map is finished yet, but it is not a WIP neither! Therefor I posted it in the map seciton. I will add more heroes and more items, btw I thought about adding an option to build towers and special buildings. Any ideas or other suggestions?

if you ask me, the towers and special building thing is okay. and as for other suggestions, well, i dont have any at this moment. but you could edit the interface if you want.

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Level 18
bounty hunter2 Map Review

Northrend Battles v.004 AoS map by GLB

So where to start? I always tend to start with the terrain. Yes, it does serve it's purpose, but man, it's boring and dull. The trees are ugly, the weather effects tend to make the game slow, the entire terrain is to monotone.

The tooltips of the heroes are bad. The spell explanations aren't done well, aswell there are hotkeys for heroes missing.

There is no quest log to explain the gameplay, and none of the resources are credited! Everything, every single resource must be credited in the quest log. Without that, we don't have anything at all to talk about.

There are some interesting spells, the necromancer is cool, I played with three heroes, but except for that the heroes aren't that original. Satan as a hero name? Very, very original.

The map is well, as you describe it, just an AoS. Nothing new, nothing special. It's hard to achieve originality this days, but you didn't really compenshate the unoriginality. Rating? It can't get more then 2/5, but... since you credited nothing, for now:

1/5 and Rejected until updated. Anyway put the credits and I just might give it a positive rating.

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Northrend Battles v.004 AoS map by GLB

So where to start? I always tend to start with the terrain. Yes, it does serve it's purpose, but man, it's boring and dull. The trees are ugly, the weather effects tend to make the game slow, the entire terrain is to monotone.

The tooltips of the heroes are bad. The spell explanations aren't done well, aswell there are hotkeys for heroes missing.

There is no quest log to explain the gameplay, and none of the resources are credited! Everything, every single resource must be credited in the quest log. Without that, we don't have anything at all to talk about.

There are some interesting spells, the necromancer is cool, I played with three heroes, but except for that the heroes aren't that original. Satan as a hero name? Very, very original.

The map is well, as you describe it, just an AoS. Nothing new, nothing special. It's hard to achieve originality this days, but you didn't really compenshate the unoriginality. Rating? It can't get more then 2/5, but... since you credited nothing, for now:

1/5 and Rejected until updated. Anyway put the credits and I just might give it a positive rating.

wow you're really severe! I will add credits, and even a game play explanation, for people who are too stupid to know, how to play an AoS. The weather is already removed. Btw, this map is supposed to be a simple AoS map! I didn't want to add any special things or what so ever! Just a simple AoS map. If you reject maps because of their lack of originality, you should have rejected a lot of maps, that you have accepted! Btw, not many maps have three teams instead of two. This does change! And there are hot keys for each hero. Just say which one I forgot. Anyway, having forgotten one single hotkey is not a reason to reject maps. And why the hell should I look for an interessting name for each hero? Personnaly, I don't care about names. Satan? I find it's okay, why not.
About the terrain, okay you may be right. The terrain is not special. But as I said, you've already accepted maps, even if they had a bad terrain. I will improve one, two things for the terrain.

Thx for reviewing and for rating. Ciao

GLB

GLB

Level 8
Ofcourse not sheep. I used to moderate maps here when I had time and I would regulary approve this, but no credits equals no approval. The map doesn't have to be well coded, the main factor is originality.

i donna which hero you took but actually, a lot of my heroes have some original spells (did you ever take the bone hunter?) I added credits. The next up-date will come. But I don't get it, why you would give 2/5. I mean there are a lot of heroes (and more will come -> 48 at least) and a lot of items (more will come as well) and the spells are well done (or not?) give me some improvement advices, pls. and for the terrain, donna, will have a look what I can do.