• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle.net 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Communication on Battle.net is very limited at the moment in that it does not allow you to talk to multiple players easily. Do you think it should be a priority to alleviate this with chat channels as they have promised? There are currently over 1,000,000 mute players online. :-(

It is very difficult to chat with multiple players as you have to tab to do so in game or open up multiple message boxes. I hope they will make some small changes in that coming patch. How do you feel?

Level 11
1. Open a chat window with someone.
2. Press the button on the right side of the chat window.
3. Invite additional players.

tadaa, you now basically have a chat channel.

oh yeah, also, if you paid any attention to the whole NEWS ANNOUNCEMENT which was extremely visible on the front page of SC2, and you saw where it said PATCH 1.1 RELEASED, you would know that they are adding in chat channels in a good 2 weeks or so.

Level 22
Let's hope it isnt some excuse for a chat channel but real chat channels. That means chat commands to whisper. profile, stats. And the other very important is Cross realm that's unknown esp for EU.

I ask myself why I care so much about X realms, in war3 I would never play US east, 1stly cause North was harder, secondly cause it was my region. I did use it to play with one Canadian who turnt out to never stop using hax, so ,, I then had no reason to use another region after I gave up playing w him

Level 8
Uhh, Zwach, chat channels are not coming in two weeks. They placed that in the nebulous "and beyond" category, which could mean months. Who's the one who failed to read the news post now, huh?

Level 2
Chat channels are not party chat. You cannot talk to as many players in party chat as chat channels. Remember Diablo 2 or Starcraft 1 or Diablo 1 where people even spread news or maps to each other in channels?

Level 11
Chat channels are not party chat. You cannot talk to as many players in party chat as chat channels. Remember Diablo 2 or Starcraft 1 or Diablo 1 where people even spread news or maps to each other in channels?
You can invite up to like 20 or so people into the group chat, which is decent. But you can also be in multiple group chats at once, so :|
You just solved the bnet problem! We dont need channels.
No, we still need chat channels. Tis just a temporary solution for talking to a bunch of friends at once.

Status
Not open for further replies.