• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Publishing maps, cannot login?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Hello, I'm now at a stage where I like to publish my map to be beta-tested online at Battle.net 2.0 - The only problem is, that to play a map online you HAVE to use Blizzards new smart publishing system. Seems cool, untill I open it for the very first time. It asks for a username and password, I gladly enter these, and the message/error-Box pops up and says "Warning: Battle.net connection was lost" even though it happens the same instance as I click the connect-button (I doubt it ever was connected)

How would I go around this problem? I just logged into the game, Battle.net 2.0 seems to be stable and running just fine.

Level 9
I got everything working now, but no one seem to join my map, the lobby have been open for 10 minutes now :'( when maps are showed, they are only showed by popularity, that's a pain for us with an actual decent map, but it's not even visible for other players.

I'm sure everything is working, I got the open for public button to work.

Level 6
Jakecake, is the map locked?
if it is unlock it and publish it again, it should work.

Level 9
Jakecake, is the map locked?
if it is unlock it and publish it again, it should work.

It is unlocked, I'm pretty sure it's working, but from myself, I know that I have only played the top 10 maps of the "popular" list. So I guess, mine is at the bottom of the list, and nobody looks there anyways :bored:

Since, I don't know many from B.net 2.0, someone here might wanna help me test out my level?

Also, let's say I want to test my level on this computer, and then join up with my laptop, as two players, to see if everything works as it should. Is that impossible with only one Battle.net account? Or will lan be supported later?

I know, it's a lot of questions, sorry :zip:

Lol, Guess maps can be found even though they start at the bottom, mine is #5 most played, 156 games last hour :D Can anyone confirm this? it's called "Zealot Defence MP 0.2" by Jake

Think I'll go update it, it's extreamly buggy right now

EDIT: I'm on the EU Servers :) And when I update my map, it just get's reposted as a new map, how can I publish it OVER the old one?

Last edited:
Level 19
You'll have to solo host and start the map quite frequently in order to raise your map from the bottom of the list. It's all sorted by popularity so, if no one hosts and starts the map you won't get further up thus no one will join or play.

That's what I and HellYA did in order to raise awareness of the existence of our map.

Status
Not open for further replies.