• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Battle Depths Beta V0.7

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: Hemske
This is the Beta of my new map Battle Depths.
The point of it is to take a hero arena and remove as many boring elements as possible.
1: The game is round based to give the players built-in time for buying items.
2: The rounds are placed in a maze so the game will be more than "standing infront of each other seeing whoose equipment is best.

Remember that this IS a beta, and that it might have unnoticed bugs.

This beta only contains 12 heroes, 24 items, 5 recepie items, 1 reagent item and some modes.
8 player map.
Main help credits to:
Zack1996 (Some spells and abilities. Various systems and fixes.)
Sinizi (Ideas)
Rainbow Evil (made the terrain =))
cazador (he made the AWESOME loading screen =D)
Model credits in the map.

Changelog:
0.2:
Tried to fix bug that "crashes" game when you kill another person.
Starting Message.
Terrained abit more.
Fixed Last Baron's flame stealth tooltip.
Fixed Last Baron's mana/int issues.
0.3:
Added 2 new heroes.
Possible bug fixes.
Modes are now enabled.
New loading screen.
0.4:
Added more manual entries.
In the Two Teams mode, a team now has united victory.
0.5:
MAJOR TERRAIN UPGRADE!
3 new creep bosses.
1 new recepie.
0.6:
Two new Heroes added.
Bugs with the round system fixed.
Added Killing Spree.
Added Observer feature.
Added Showlocation (info in map) feature.
Generally added lots of new stuff...
0.7:
Remixed Training Grounds.
Fixed Roundstart Sound.
Possibly Fixed Showlocaiton Bug.
Fixed Webeffect Vision.
No Heroes addded due to lastversion 2 heroes.
New Minimap Preveiw.
Balanced some Stuff.
Fixed Balance System.
Fixed Some hero Stuff.
Added 3 groups of creeps that spawn a new place when killed. (Entire group)
Updated Manual.

More information in the map.
Enjoy =)
Dragonson

Keywords:
Battle Depths,TaK,Maze,Track and Kill,Track,Kill,Hero Arena,Hide and Seek,Hide,Seek
Contents

Battle Depths Beta V0.7 (Map)

Reviews
09:52, 7th Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 27
If i broke any rules with this map: Tell me.
I read them all but i am still not sure if i have done anything wrong.

Enjoy =)

Also: it is a good idea to read the map manual.

Oh and, Please rate and Approve/disapprove the map =)
And report ANY bugs to the Battle Depths thread or to me.

Last edited:
Level 27
Hey people =) i am now releasing the third beta of this map. Please post any ideas, bugs, rants or other stuff in the Battle Depths thread. (click the lich in my sig)

Also, please rate ;)

Edit: I found some things that needs to be corrected in the information. Is it alllowed to update the map to do that?

Last edited:
First of all, don't tripple post, use the edit button

Review:
[-] Wisps wen there are taverns?: What those wisps called "Hero Selector" or something are doing there when you select your hero? You choose the hero via a Tavern, don't you? Then you should remove those wisps. (or a little idea: place peasants or something there, then you can call them as backers, this is better then wisps, don't you think?)
[-] map is a little empty:Terraim is quite empty, put more doodoads in those dungeons.
[-] spell slots out of order: I played only with one hero until now, but i noticed that his spells aren't in a line on the slots of selection, know what i mean?
[+-]: About the training dummyes, why they are there? You can't even kill them to gain xp! If they are for another pupose, then the fault is mine.

Rating: 2/5, hope you improve this map, i realy want to give it a better rating :smile:

Level 27
Thanks for the reveiw =)
1: The wisps.
If i removed the wisps, you would not be able to choose a hero from the tavern. Even if the tavern was within your vision, you would not be able to pick a hero unless a unit of yours is in range.
2: Terrain.
Yeah i know =( A freind of mine called Rainbow Evil is gonna do the terraining for me as soon as im finished with making the changes for next ver.
3: Spell slots.
I know exactly what you mean. It is a effect caused by taking unit spells and converting them to hero spells. Unfortunately, i know no way to fix it.
4: Training dummies:
I see that i should make a entry for this in the manual. The dummies simply are there to test your spells. Like, see how they look.

+rep for the reveiw =)
Oh and... did the Kill Hero = Crash bug happen?

Last edited:
Level 31
1: The wisps.
If i removed the wisps, you would not be able to choose a hero from the tavern. Even if the tavern was within your vision, you would not be able to pick a hero unless a unit of yours is in range.

Hogwash, if this is soo important. Set the unit model to .mdx path, scaling values to 0 and shadow to none. This way, you would not be able to see your unit.

Hogwash, if this is soo important. Set the unit model to .mdx path, scaling values to 0 and shadow to none. This way, you would not be able to see your unit.

-yeah, Septimus's idea is good! Or you can change the model to a peasant, like i said, to give more sence to the "Hero Selector" unit, just do something about that wisps, they surely don't fit with the taverns type of hero selection. :thumbs_up:

-then it was realy my fault about the dummyes, sorry xD. Yeah, is a good idea to use them to watch your spells working.

-and for the buttons positions, go to the object editor, ability editor, slect the spell and change it's x/y values to something that puts them into a line.

as soon as you update your map, i'll give it another review.

Last edited:
Review:
[-] Bugs Still Out There: You haven't fixed may things i said to you, but ofcourse you will on next versions, right?
[+-] Creeps Perhaps?: And if you add some creeps across the dungeons? Then you could make them respawn at every new round, only a sugestion.
[+-] Few Heroes: I know that this is only a bete, but i hope that you add new heroes, at least one, on the next version.
[+] Beter Terrain: Yeah, the terrain had a great improvement, congratulations Rainbow Evil and Dragonson

Rating: 2/5, finish fixing... but anyway, the improvements were pretty good. :thumbs_up:

Level 27
1: Yeah il fix the ability positions =(
2: What? I added three creep bosses, and when killed they respawn after 1 min.
3: Yeahp. I will.
4: Thanks =)

Oh and... how come its still 2/5 when it now has one +, 2 +-, and only 1 -? Im sorry, but the rating before were the exact same, but with only negative and natural stuff. Can you give abit more details? Just wondering =(

Oh, sorry for the creeps, i didn't saw them =D, but add more, not only bosses (if you want ofcourse)
And sorry for the rating too. Perhaps in 0.6 i will give you a beter one. See, one + is not enough to increase the rating, if Hive's rating was with 10 or more points you would sure recieve a beter raiting, hope i could explain =D.

Rating (if was with 10 points):
-First Review: 3/10
-Last Review: 5/10

Level 27
Okay people. it will take abit time before the next ver is out, since it will be fricking massive. If i get all the hero ideas that i have at the moment done (its not ideas lacking this time!) il be having 6 or more heroes ready at the next version! (thats a half tavern.)
Next version will also contain a killing spree system! Thanks to zack1996. Along with that, i also hope to add more items. Stay tuned or visit the Battle Depths development thread for more!

Good to see the project up and runing again... =]

Review:
[-] WISPS!!!!: Come one dude, remove those wisps!!
[-] Hero whithout voice: Ehm, there is one hero, don't remember the name right, i think it is Phyromancer or something, he is without voice sound
[+-] MORE CREEPS, MORE CREEPS!!: I still think it's better if you add some minor creeps, small monsters around the dungeons.
[+-] Irritating Sound: The sound that plays when a next round is about to beggin is just too loud, decrease the volume, it's irritating.
[++] About the changes: I don't know if he is one of the new heroes, but i just loved the model ya used for the Mage Hunter, i think that there is a new hero selection place, am i right? that's good.

Rating: 3/5, you still need to fix somethings and add more heroes and items, but it is already a good map. :thumbs_up:

Level 27
Thanks for the Reveiw =D

The Wisps: Well, i made the selection area so it fits now (Wisps + Forest = It works mate!). Just think of them as wandering souls needing a body =( If you don't like them, should i replace them with treants? =P
I just... like the wisps. Gimme a permanent -1 if you wan't, i just can't help it.

Mute Hero: Will fix!

More Creeps?: Well, i can add some. But they won't be much for experiance or gold. That is why i haven't added minor creeps yet: I don't wan't people killing them for gold. (or xp)

Irritating Sound: I'l fix it =)

Weeh! Change!: Thanks =) The mage hunter is not new, but yes, the model is awesome. The credits goes to General Frank though, not me. And yes, the selection place has been refurnitured as i already said. Wich is as i also already said partly to make the wisps fit in.

Thanks again for reveiwing! +rep my freind =)

Level 1
well ive tryed it and...its almost unplayable.
-if u die from a creep u dont revive
-u have no chance to raise your level between the rounds by creeping.
-the "training grounds" is pretty much useless unless they would give exp.
-the skills are likely all slightly edited wc3 skills.... try something new/original...

2/5 just because of your map preview which isnt bad.

Level 27
Heh ;) Thanks for the info. I'l fix it.

Okay now... i have abit more time to answer now:
1: OOPS! Gottah fix.
2: That is not the point =) The creeps are there simply becouse alot of people wanted there to be creeps. I said to them it did not fit into the game, and they said that the creeps should be there just for being there. That is why creeps are there at all =P
3: The training grounds are only for working out your anger. And i am pretty sure i stated that in the manual.
4: The map bases itself on the new concepts, not the abilities. So yes, i know this. But i do also insist that some of the heroes, maybee about 40%, are equipped with abit more "Exiting" abilities, though the only ones entirely with new abilities is the Flame Spirit and Dryad.

Also about leveling: There is a system that gives every hero 1000 XP each round, and 200 gold to their owners. So it is possible to lv up even though you get beaten up =)

Last edited:
Level 1
1: hope so =O
2: ye but some leveling up BETWEEN the rounds would be nice
3: hm well pretty pointless imo =/
4: hm well i think more custom skills would make this map much better

oh and about that system u mentioned...it seems that its not working =O or do i have to activate it first?

Level 27
This project is abandoned.
I still like the idea i had, but i use way too much time on my signature shop, and i'm not really in mood for mapping. :S

If you're posting here to get the map section purged or something, go ahead.
This shouldn't be here anyway. ;)