• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Basic Music Trigger Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I've been having strange problems with music on one of my maps.

I've got about 8 music themes picked out from among the default WC3 music, and I try to trigger them to play at appropriate times. However, it almost never plays the right piece. Triggers either play no music or play completely the wrong one.

I decided to make a trigger just to test the very basics:

Music Test
Events
Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing music as An exact match
Conditions
Actions
Sound - Stop music Immediately
Sound - Play HeroicVictory <gen>

But even this still doesn't work! When I type 'music' it changes the music to something seemingly random! If I do it about 10 times, I will EVENTUALLY get the heroic victory theme, but if I type 'music' again, I will once again get one of the random other ones.

This is really confusing me!

Level 21
strange. try playing around with the different variations of playing and stopping music:

• stop music
  • stop the currently playing music theme
  • playing a music theme vs playing "music" (something you have clicked "use sound" on in the sound editor)

when you use "music" and not "music theme" there should b less problems bc only the sound you chose to "use" in the sound editor should be saved as that kind of variable. so, less chances of randomness.

Level 18
I think maybe clear music list but it might affect your play list later on? Here's my trigger to play specific song at start but it stops music afterward. I'm sure there's a better way out there but this is the best I got:
  • Play First Song
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.20 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Clear the music list
      • Sound - Play Call_to_Arms_Tirion <gen>
      • Wait 146.47 seconds
      • Sound - Stop the currently playing music theme
      • Sound - Stop music Immediately

Level 8
I think maybe clear music list but it might affect your play list later on? Here's my trigger to play specific song at start but it stops music afterward. I'm sure there's a better way out there but this is the best I got:
  • Play First Song
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.20 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Sound - Play Call_to_Arms_Tirion <gen>
      • Wait 146.47 seconds
      • Sound - Stop the currently playing music theme
      • Sound - Stop music Immediately

Ah ha! Thank you, clearing the music list is the key. I guess I'll just need to do that everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.