• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bard Discussion Thead

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
So, I thought it would be neat to discuss a few classes since they're underplayed or un-needed in comparison to their alternates.

Bards
Tbh I'm all for the idea zwieb has put across, moving bards away from int.
It would have been nice to see them have a use for the stat, maybe steal increases based on int values, longer dazing etc, just to bring them away from the general idea of being an autoattacking dps.

Songs are great so far, solid bonuses, inspire is a great skill with a good cooldown, it brings a use to the class but the gear they receive does not.

The main point of this thread isn't so much the skills, its the gear and stats of the bard.

If bards no longer have a use for the stockpile of int they have, replacing this with agil would be nice. Nothing wrong with a solid wisdom pool, in fact I think inspire should cost a hefty chunk of mana if you're roughly refuelling one of your allies but int, useless.

Removing the int from the items and replacing it with nothing was kind of a jackass move too. Chuck so hp or agil on there, anything to benefit the durability of the bard, maybe an active toggle as well. Bard plays drums in combat, 7% attack speed goes to 15% for 15 seconds or more, depending on what you see as balanced. It doesn't really need an animation, just baboom, increase. Bard plays flute, 20-50 mana to all nearby allies. Manage cooldowns, make them neat.

Future items, all for discussion, make use of their support, and dps, as opposed to druids which seem to be mostly focused on support, which is a good thing imo.

If bards end up with a lower damage output that sins, but a solid use in combat with their instruments and auras, maybe they'll actually be worth something as a class.

If we could pull them away from the exact same build as an assasin except with a shitty offhand, maybe that would help too. Armors, weapons that suit bards, anything that pushes towards supporting the group while packing a mild punch.

Level 9
Yea, Bards could actually use a different build, also why do Bards have intelligence as a higher base stat than agility if they don't even use it? Don't take it like they shouldn't get any int then, but I'm just curious why its higher if it only adds to spellpower, which is something they do not use. To be honest it would be nice to see buffs based off stats rather then level. Like Strength would increase the effectivness of Song of Vigour, Intelligence would increase Inspire and etc....

Level 6
Personally, I think Int should boost all of the Bard's songs (like, adds an additional +1/10 caster's Int in Str, or +1/20 caster's Int in mana regen every tick, etc.).

Misplaced stats are the only thing wrong with this class. The skills do what they are supposed to do. But 0.5 Str and Agi, and 0.6 Int per level, means that over 1/3 of his stats are useless. At least Zerkers only gain 0.2 or 0.3 Int per level...

Level 13
I will adjust the stat gain of bards in the future version. I simply forgot to do that too when I changed the instruments.
Besides I didn't just remove int from the instruments. I added the same amount of agi to them, but people obviously didn't notice...

It's okay, Zwieb. Just blame Vestra.

Could have sworn drums was 6 initially.
Either way, at their current point, the instruments are still the worst offhands in the game and could use with some small buffs, as requested.

Also, inspire, no mana cost? fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.