• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Banners of a Broken Empire OS

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Banners of a Broken Empire (BoaBE) is an altered melee map in part came from the idea of Callex’s Solar Conquest map. 9 players each have their own planet, and must unify their planet through military strategy. You start off in an ancient era and work your way to the space age.

Each planet has different challenges and terrain. Each planet is also equipped with a portal which you can use to reach other planets and asteroids. The ultimate goal of the game is to conquer the galactic sector.
This BoaBE is geared towards long games from 1 to 3 hours.

BoaBE was created by a team of people…
Mankill3r
RebelBandit
Hart4281

Model Credits go to Max666, Kofi Banan, Killst4r, syc, and martinisj.

NEW: This map is now open source for anyone who wants to modify it.

This is still an early version so expect more models, modes, and features. As well as a few bugs now and then, please tell me if you find any.

Keywords:
Conquest, Ancient, Medieval, Industrial, Modern, Space, Time, Tech, Planets, Altered Melee, Empire, Builder, Diplomacy, RTS, Open, Source
Contents

Banners of a Broken Empire OS (Map)

Reviews
02:19, 31st Jul 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
Level 23
Nice map, however, it took me quite some time to find out that there are two kinds of modern builder, one with just the standart, and one for space research, also, I coulnd't find out how to build a lunar base. (and space bases can be build on land)

Level 1
Im not sure if this will be any help. but during a game with a friend. I believe I was in the post-industrial. and was about to advance.
When I heard the sound, like if someone left and you got shared control of their units.
Then warcraft III froze, causing me to have to restart my computer. other than that.
I love this map. xD

Level 2
I have had same problem as SunZhao but at a different point during the game.

One time it crashed as i was upgrading to Industrial and the other time it crashed while i was in Medieval.

Level 3
Newest version uploaded, fixed a few bugs and errors in abillites. Also now shows future goals of this project in the tech tree with the phrases (Not Implemented yet) to better help in what you wish to research.

You can not leave the begining area untill you advance in age. Each age advancement you will have access to a new area and enemies, each new area has a Capitol to capture.

Level 23
Dunno what colour I was, but I was on a green foresty planet, with the portal thingy to the south-west, the first enemies comming from the north, the second from the east, further there are no entrances, the starting place is surrounded north, north-east, and east by water and a couple of groups of trees, your main building starts on a green hill with some rocky texture running allong on two sides, that's just about what I could remember ^^.

Level 7
Yah, you should make the comps on your "earth" one would call it, Advance as you advance, so its not as hard, [i'm sick of being medieval and being able to kill fucking modern shit!]

Level 6
The woodcutter can build buildings form a regular melee game or is that suppose to be there?

Its a pretty good map. 7.5/10

It crashed while i was playing.

Level 2
so far i would give this map a rating of 1/5. why?
The map,for me,at some random moment in the game freezes,this happens EVERY time i play it.Fix that.
other than that it's good.

Level 3
Ah, so it might be something with the modle or I have somehting set difrent in the trigger settings about mechanicle units, either way ill get to work on it right away and figure it out.

Whats wrong with the Soviet things? Glorry to Mother Russia!

Level 11
I never said there's something wrong with Soviet it's just that it happens the day before April Fools (maybe not in Australia ,Japan and Europe but still.)

Are you gonna Implemented the Chariots and the No Miner soon? When I start off with red 5 seconds later all my bases are dead by brown he has tanks and stuff I like I was like WTF?!?! so when I restarted I had to use whosyourdaddy lol.

Level 1
Right.

What would be cool if he added another age: The Galatic Age or something like that.

This is ONLY a beta. We are currently fixing bugs, balancing, adding units, and barely finishing space age (well, i am at least).

We figure that after you beat this (when its finished), and u conquer the sector, you will recieve a code for the future sequel. When your in the sequel, you load the code, and you are a galactic emperor, ruling the galaxy- hopefully with around 30 planets and land locations- but thats not planned to be finished until late '09 early '10.

We might overhaul this if we are truly unhappy with the end result, and make it into just a plain spacial warfare map, or make it into a more space-land RTS, with basics, like in Galactic Conquest.

Level 3
Hart!? You changed your name (again).
Yes we do have much more to add once we fix all th major bugs, (2 remaining). If we ever do overhaul it or change it like what BountyHunter306 said, we would make the funchanged part open source for someone else to take up if intrested.

Level 1
So far so good for me with this version...only problem is... would you please make the camera switch buttons something else....cause being myself I actually use both my hands while playing Warcraft...one to scroll the screen with the arrows the other to use the mouse and click stuff. cause I would play this more if I could use the keys and have my fluent movements back. -.- so that's something to consider for a few people... as far as that I never get past very early industrial, so I wouldn't know what else there is too it. but it looks like a very good make non-the-less...

Level 7
Dude, seriously, make the buildings only be buildable on buildable ground, cuz I got a freezed wc3 when I tried to build somewhere where I think I shouldn't be able to build. I think that was inside a pathing blocker or something like that. Also, I couldn't upgrade to the post-medieval (I think it was stronghold or sth) age, even after I captured the enemies base. And the enemies still spawned at their base after I captured it.

Level 23
First off, in reality you can also build everywere =/
second, I've got no experience with the game freezing, and else, don't try to build in a pathing blocker -_-'
third, have you build/upgraded every building? becouse ages don't come with conquering, but with building.
fourth, the key-change would be appreciated indeed ^^.