• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ban this guy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
This guy Yourpainismyjoy tried to pvp my entire team during the broodmother fight just for the sake of making us fail, I think that deserves a ban

Level 4
I asked this guy about what you mentioned: Screenshot

I think you should explain the case a bit more in order to make the mods of the bot think about banning him.

Level 9
Idk, I was just trying to give him tips, like do this instead of what you were doingto maximise efficiency, and we didnt have a cleric class so ress wasnt even an option.

Level 4
that guy yourpainismyjoin also start pvping me from nowhere when i was just doing some quest by my self, as same as Ihaz said i just tried give him some tips or telling me what to do better, anyway we still let him do all bosses with us trying to help him and then he started pvping....

Level 3

isn't random pvp also a part of this map?

if he A attack like some people do I understand that.
but -pvp he gave you a warning he was going in

Last edited:
Level 13
Pvp should stay, but abusing people on the bots should not. Is this guy on Garena or BN I'll have a word with both sides. A screenshot or replay would help in future dude.

Level 3
!votekick [Player] if you are on bot
Remake if you are hosting and don't let him join anymore
Problem solved.

Level 8
I never have stated i am a admin so get your shit straight.

Also i have brought it up more then just there and nothing was done so Vestra think before you speak.

Also please tell me where i said i got pked in that thread since i fail to see it. I just said they could easily fix it.

Yet another reason why i hate Vestra thinks he knows everything.

Level 13
I never said I know everything. You're making some pretty hefty assumptions there buddy! The admin thing was blatent sarcasm. Come on man.

The entire point of that link was to put across one simple matter: You are fucking wrong.

If there is abuse of a player on the bot, it will be handled appropriately. There is no need for some agitated player to come around claiming that nothing will be done simply because he doesn't like the pvp command. I've seen the crap you've spread before man. Any time there is mention of pvp, you get upset.

I get it, people kill you and that frustrates you. It would frustrate me too but your opinion on how an action like this will be handled by the various admins of the gaiashostbot and gaiasdungeon bot is VOID.

If you'd like to pull up some of your previous complaints in defense of your claims, be my guest. We all know how I handle this shit.

Level 8
Yea you handle it with no logic at all. It is not the pvp command that bugs me heck it doesn't matter at all. It is the fact you can A attack a player to kill them that bugs me. But PvP SHOULD be something you HAVE to accept. the fact that you can walk up to someone and just -pvp is stupid you have to admit that is true.

By your logic it is fully right to just keep walking around and -pvp command anyone you want why because the game lets it be and if the game lets it by your logic it is correct and fair.

I am wrong? No i am not wrong i am correct in the fact the map maker does not give a fuck if you get pvp killed and that is all there is to it. If Z actually gave a fuck about pvp killing he would stop being able to a attack people outside of boss fights where the mechanic can be used as well as make pvp something you have to accept.

So please tell me why banning someone for using -pvp is fair if the map maker him self allows it.

Level 9
Idk it didnt affect me, box and I killed him very easily, but yeah, the attempts that he made, idk, not useful towards the community, and he also tried to pvp pacha's team, so that seems like hes going around just trying to disrupt games now.

Level 13
Yea you handle it with no logic at all. It is not the pvp command that bugs me heck it doesn't matter at all. It is the fact you can A attack a player to kill them that bugs me. But PvP SHOULD be something you HAVE to accept. the fact that you can walk up to someone and just -pvp is stupid you have to admit that is true.

By your logic it is fully right to just keep walking around and -pvp command anyone you want why because the game lets it be and if the game lets it by your logic it is correct and fair.

I am wrong? No i am not wrong i am correct in the fact the map maker does not give a fuck if you get pvp killed and that is all there is to it. If Z actually gave a fuck about pvp killing he would stop being able to a attack people outside of boss fights where the mechanic can be used as well as make pvp something you have to accept.

So please tell me why banning someone for using -pvp is fair if the map maker him self allows it.

Handle what with no logic at all? I'm extremely logical, its where the majority of my arguments start and finish. Logic. Plain and simple. So let's go over this with you so you can understand.

The Attack Command thing has already been proven important by various ingame events so that really isn't up for discussion.

Zwieb has mentioned this before that he wants the command available for people to use at will. If someone wants to be a dick, pvp the team and steal the drops, they can. It's an RPG aspect that is used in many a game. Look at the Elder Scrolls series. I don't think a single person out there has gone through the entire game without stealing a single object for their amusement. Some people enjoy doing that to real people as opposed to NPCs.

If you dislike that, do not play with those people. It's a fairly simple and logical concept. If you read back through my posts regarding pvp, I supported the idea of a -Ally command but that fell through pretty quickly. The command as it stands right now is rather fun and in my two years of playing this map I've had next to no problems with the command, aside from those received by other players who failed to keep their tongue in cheek.

No, the above statment does not support the idea that someone with better gear should be respected. What it does mean is that often, it takes two to tango, hence why bans are rarely dished out in the event of -pvp

HOWEVER.

The bot is not Zwiebs. How Zwieb wants the map and how the bot runs are two very different things. Pvp can often come under player harassment, usually following very specific terms. Hence my request for a replay or screenshot of the event, in which case I would still talk to the player involved and dish out a warning. Attacking players on the bot has to be handled with caution, your input on the matter is, as above stated many times.

Wrong.

Just keep that in mind. Map =/= Bot. If there is harassment involved, it will be handled accordingly.

Level 8
No Vestra you are not extremely logical at all. The A attack can be changed to only work in boss battles where it is needed so don't use that as an excuse for him not wanting to change it.

Also if he wants it to be used at will then don't ban people for it is part of the game and therefore should not be a ban able reason.

My input is not wrong you just see in black and white. You don't see the bigger picture you are the type who will never admit he is wrong.

Take the facts plain and simple. If you die to someone using pvp command on you then it is your own fault for not being prepared for pvp. Unless there is an accept command then it is part of the game and how it should be.

In all honesty, Why am i even arguing with a black and white guy like you.

Level 13
No Vestra you are not extremely logical at all. The A attack can be changed to only work in boss battles where it is needed so don't use that as an excuse for him not wanting to change it.

Also if he wants it to be used at will then don't ban people for it is part of the game and therefore should not be a ban able reason.

My input is not wrong you just see in black and white. You don't see the bigger picture you are the type who will never admit he is wrong.

Take the facts plain and simple. If you die to someone using pvp command on you then it is your own fault for not being prepared for pvp. Unless there is an accept command then it is part of the game and how it should be.

In all honesty, Why am i even arguing with a black and white guy like you.

So any use outside of boss battles, i.e. frost cages from units, is pointless to you?

How are you still not getting that you are wrong. It is really, really not hard.

This game is not built for pvp. The command is there for people to enjoy. Regardless of whether it was there or not people find other things to exploit, like stealing drops or blatantly ruining runs. People are dicks.

If you do not like them, votekick them or don't play with them. Holy shit man. You call me black and white with literally no back up, then you're completely hypocritical by assuming I will never accept when I'm wrong. I do. I'm just not often bloody wrong. I'm pretty sure we sorted an argument before and I admitted where I was wrong.

Here I am not wrong. You are assuming that the bot and game function one and the same and they do NOT. There is no bigger picture involved, no facts I am missing, no reasoning I cannot see in this singular instance of discussion.

• Pvp is a worthwhile command, removing it or adding a -ally function would simply promote other forms of harassment. It has use both in and out of boss fights. Quite frankly I hope to see more in future, perhaps something where you have to kill another player within a fight. Tactics like those get quite challenging and would be fun to manage.
  • This game is not built for pvp. It is HEAVILY unbalanced in that aspect. The command is there for role play and general amusement. It has been the source of many laughs within my time playing and I hope it continues to be.
  • The bot and game are two very different things, do not assume or demand the actions of an admin on a situation that you lack a general understanding of. How myself and the other wonderful admins of Shapy's Bots handle these issues is not of your concern.
  • You do not have to play with dicks, there are commands on the bot for getting rid of them for that very reason.
  • Targetting me as a person, with failed references to my sense of logic and understanding on a VERY simple issue, is pretty much just weakening your argument. Despite its lack of structure to begin with. You can continue if you wish but I'll stand stubbornly on what is, if you'll so call in, black and white to you. The right answer.

This was never really an argument water.

Level 9
Water, vestra is exetremely logical, and logic is black and white, Logos, Pathos, and Ethos, are the things used in arguements and logos, is the most simplistic one as it is logic, and it is the most black and white, eithersomething is logical or it isnt, black and white so stop being counterintuitive, by saying hes illogical, then actualy saying he is.

Level 8
I can see where you are coming from vestra but here is where you are wrong.

So any use outside of boss battles, i.e. frost cages from units, is pointless to you? - Frost Cage is used on Used in what D3 i am yet to see it outside of D3 so your idea here is pointless since it is in a dungeon. If you are talking about mages using it? That is on a pve mob vus limiting attacking someone there won't effect it at all.

Pvp is a worthwhile command, removing it or adding a -ally function would simply promote other forms of harassment. - I never asked for it to be removed and i never asked for a -ally function what in all honesty sounds retarded. I asked for a -accept command simple little condition for pvp.

The pvp aspect of this game can be fixed so simply and the PKing as well heck the bloody triggers for stopping attacking someone allowing it in certain areas and -accept for pvp can be done in fucken GUI.

Ihaz it is also possible to be black and white and see things incorrect there fore you have flawed logic and you are illogical.

Level 13
We may indeed see more uses of ice cage and similar skills in the future. It's also a mechanic used in D1. You're grasping straws man. It's a solid mechanic and should be used in many more fights to come. The original method for defeating lady was to attack the marked target 5 times.

I'm all for the roleplay aspect man. Why even add -accept. The idea that you can slip into combat with someone has always been quite fun in gaias. Been over it before, don't play with assholes etc etc. There is no longer gold loss in pvp so it works out ok.

What you want fixed is ridiculous. What you just said to Ihaz is one of the stupidest things I have read on this forum.

Just stop man, your argument, your side in this discussion, is irrelevant. Pvp is staying. I support it staying. The only issue I had was the length of combat. You must be playing with some pretty terrible people, or, winding up some pretty terrible people, for it to be this much of an issue for you.

Level 9
But flawed logic, IS still logic, while being illogical is the lack of having logic whatsoever, but yet I am still logical, I may be illogical to people who don't quite understand what logic really is, but I am not illogical, as I am still making sense. Yes, you can be black and white and still be wrong, but thats called ignorance. Ignorance may lead to illogical statements, but in itself is not a synonym to illogic.

Level 10
Oh look another argument on the forums in which I personally don't give two fucks about. Both people addressed their sides and are clearly not going to change how they view so here's how I see this going you guys can either:

1) continue arguing for another 3 pages with no resolve hoping the other will admit they are wrong

Or

2) Take this argument into private chat (so imo I and others dont have to bother reading it)

or

3) Just fucking drop it. The points are addressed already

Seriously guys it's pretty redundant you two are talking in circles we get the reasons why and why not.

It's gotten to the point where it's not even an issue of what is right or wrong but attacking each other's credibility based on their "logic".

Seriously guys were better than that.
Just stop.

Level 13
Wasn't even an argument in the first place brudda. If you have an issue, grab a tissue, and scroll down man. I believe I am handling things quite reasonably considering how the last 'argument' went. Assumptions on how admins should handle their shit should not be made. Simple.

As for the pvp point, that indeed should be dropped it's been done.

The logic crap I could not give less of a fuck about.

Level 10
To be fair I didn't read it. It is tl;dr and I'll be honest I just skimmed back and forth some debate about the -pvp command going on between the two of you which has been argued in the past so if it wasnt a "real argument" sorry for jumping conclusions. A part of me just wanted to make a post it's been a few days and I'm lonely :(

Either way cbf I'm on my way home from work I'll be online in like an hour and a half lets do some runs together lover <3

EDIT: I didn't even see the stuff about how admins should run things and I do think you are handling that well

Level 8
Vestra, Yes it was used in D1 by a Boss.

Also it also is programmable to make it so if unit has debuff = to xx then allow them to be attacked. There is no excuse for allowing a attack and pvp with no accept command with it.

It is all fixable by simple crap.

I rarely even talk to people in games of gaias and in all honesty i haven't had anyone attack me in gaias for a good 6-7 months. What i am saying is flawed systems should be fixed.

Level 3

Ihazdialup I asked your pain is my joy lol that name

and he said in pachXD game that one guy he attack him and attack some other guy then they ganged up on him and then it turned in to a 3 way pvp fight lol....

Level 9
Well to be fair, he did pvp box and I first, before we even attacked him, idk about pachas game, but dosnt sound like pacha to start a pvp. Not my fault he tried to take on a hunter and a crus at the same time.

Level 13
Vestra, Yes it was used in D1 by a Boss.

Also it also is programmable to make it so if unit has debuff = to xx then allow them to be attacked. There is no excuse for allowing a attack and pvp with no accept command with it.

It is all fixable by simple crap.

I rarely even talk to people in games of gaias and in all honesty i haven't had anyone attack me in gaias for a good 6-7 months. What i am saying is flawed systems should be fixed.

We shall agree to disagree.

Level 13
Banning is really only a temporary solution as people are still able to make alternate accounts. That, and bans only last like three days. The best solution is the votekick option.

Level 13
Might be worth looking in to but I'm fairly sure the one Shapy is running can't. Either way, bans should really only be dished out in the harshest of circumstances after repeated offences. The little three day ones are fun and all but straight 'Fuck Off' bans are reserved for the best of the worst.

Level 10
When I banned Xen a few months back he was banned for like a week+ I was expecting it to just be the three day ban and I had to manually unban him. So whatever I did to him proves our bot can ban longer than 3 days

Level 13
When I banned Xen a few months back he was banned for like a week+ I was expecting it to just be the three day ban and I had to manually unban him. So whatever I did to him proves our bot can ban longer than 3 days

Awesome

People just tend to make new accounts anyway, especially if they hack.

I would suggest we attempt to ban Shapy to trial the function.

Level 3

so ban people for just random pvp ?? sound a lot like WoW

1. Should I ask someone to pvp what if they say NO? OO

2. When was the last time you guys saw anyone open pvp just because ?

the game was made with a -pvp because it was .

maybe to fix all this make a -duel

3. You dudes/others want to ban those who abuse pvp ? how do you define that. what is abuse and what isn't but then what isn't pvp or pve ? this map is a open battle ground. if you want to get more in to it go play WoW

4. (If it's not pvp it's pve if its not pve it's pvp im a ****ing retard) I cant remember where i heard that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u55vHURPQSw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-KMOc_y7xo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq_yr1YLNlU

watch the whole thing for fun or ?

im not talking about rouges here.

Last edited:
Level 8
Your post makes no sense at all. What has wow got to do with this? Random pvp is in wow anyway if you play on a pvp server so i don't see how this has anything to do with gaias.

Why bother trying to restart something me and vestra agreed to agree to not agree on?

Status
Not open for further replies.