1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Baltic Crusades

Submitted by Animalpower
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Description:
The map is set in 13th century. It is about the last Pagans. There are four playable nations: Denmark, Novgorod, Lithuania and Prussia. Each nation has different types of units. This is like melee, but it does not have a custom AI system that can raid, only Mongols can. To recreate the historical events, I have added event Union of Kalmar, it is nothing special, if Denmark takes whole Scandinavia it will be renamed. There are three types of settlements: village>town>city. I could add new units, a loading screen in the future and video. This map is still beta.

Features:
-4 playable nations
-diifferent units for each nation
-custom tiles
-morale system
-ally/war system
-settlement capture system
-siege weapons
-all human units
-high starting resources
-tax system
-zooming system
-generals instead of heroes
-one transport ship, cog
-mongol invasion
-custom buildings

Map:
[​IMG]

Pictures:
Ritterbrudder
[​IMG]
Rus'
[​IMG]
Swordbearers
[​IMG]
Livonian brothers of the sword
[​IMG]
Hochmeister
[​IMG]

Credits:
Resources-
Wandering Soul, Tranquil, Mephestrial, HappyTauren, Kitabatake, Stormlegacy, Kuhnegetz, Mr. Bob, Radagast, Elenai, Zin-Creator, BlinkBoy

Systems-
Hashjie, cHeRoL

Keywords:
Teutonic, Pagan, Paganism, Baltic, War, Middle Ages, Medieval, Russia, German, Denmark, Norse, Mongols, Mongol, Lithuania, Forests, Christian, Christi
Contents

Baltic Crusades (Map)

Reviews
Date: 13:22:03 23-Apr-12 Map Moderator: -Kobas- Map Status: Approved 2/5 Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message! Useful Links: If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource...
  1. Date: 13:22:03 23-Apr-12
    Map Moderator: -Kobas-
    Map Status: Approved 2/5
    Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message!
    Useful Links:
    If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.

Comment: There you go, it has some quality, but terrain must be improved at first place, then add some leaderboard/scoreboard to handle resources and shits easily.

2. Mechanical Man

Mechanical Man

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    wth, after you start building, some cossacks (why ranged??) run in your town, snipe your builder so you are unable to finish that building. And you didn't give credits to that guy who gave you ities D:

3. -Kobas-

-Kobas-

Resources:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Terrain is really bad, also units are really small.
    Using arrow keys to zoom in and out is annoying, better set Z offset using chat message.

4. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The cossacks annoy me too. I did the raids itentionally.

You say units are small? The zooming system exist and when you press up you can see the units larger.
    I agree that I could use z offset.
    I can not agree completely that terrain is very bad, because it is accurate terrain on depicting northeastern Europe. Do you think tiles are bad?

5. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I see your thread and I know that you don't want to add more on your terrain, but I suggest you to use terrain tiles wisely because using it can still beautify your terrain, and also add some environment doodads like flowers, shrubs , and other no path doodads. also add some stags, birds to give life on the environment.

This is a great map but the terrain really pulls it down.

EDIT: I just realize that the map name is Baltic Crusade, on the map development section.. I thought it was Ballistic Crusade haha

6. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I could add better terrain in my next map. I am not much satisfied with this map, but it is important that it works. I reccomend this map for multiplayer.

7. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Your next map? update this map first before making another, This is a great map and the only downside is the terrain.

8. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I am currently thinking to add something, and I do not want to change the terrain. There are problems. I have a market that should act like Goblin Merchant, but it does not select the hero, I can not click Exchange Gold/Lumber because icons are dark, how to make these icons work? After playing some time you might see a error, I do not know why it appears, if that continues better save the game often.

9. 0neM4n4rmy

0neM4n4rmy

Resources:
    Resources:
    For ur Goblin Merchant problem, the icon is dark and the market does not select your hero because prob the goblin merchant doesnt have a 'Nearby Patron' ability. Be sure to add that ability to the market. hope that helped XD

10. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This is the same review I dropped on underground.

SonofJay's Review

Terrain and Environment 10/10 - How good the terrain is, no sharp tiles, no plain spots, used doodads wisely, creative, no spam doodads, use blizz cliffs, and height tools correctly.
    Gameplay 10/10 - Smooth, no lag, multi-player friendly. Systems
    Originality 10/10 - Map is original, no stolen idea or anything from other maps.
    Management 10/10 - No tooltip error, good spell descriptions, units have good description, map is protected or not. Give credits on the imported files.
    AI 10/10 - The map support AI.

Baltic Crusade - Dex

Terrain 2/10
    BAD
    ~As I said before the terrain really looks bad. You can improve it alot just by adding non-path doodads(if you really don't want to clog the space) such as flowers, Shrubs, grass, and others small doodads.
    ~As simple as using the tileset wisely can boost the entire outcome of the terrain.
    ~Terrain also lacks of life, can't see any stags, rabbits, wolfs, birds, and any other life forms except the soldiers wandering around the map.
    ~Trees are randomly placed on the map, many of them are spammed.
    GOOD
    ~No blizz cliffs? nice
    ~Cool mountain I must say.

Gameplay 7/10
    BAD
    ~Buildings have no birth animation, this reduce the total gameplay of the map.
    ~The camera system is really bad. You can zoom in and out while the camera go north and south.
    ~Starting resource is bad, 14,000 is way to big
    GOOD
    ~The morale system looks cool to me
    ~Also the capture is system is a nice addition
    ~The tax system is also good
    ~Smooth gameplay

Originality 7/10
    BAD
    ~nothing bad nice
    GOOD
    ~Really love the idea, although this kind of map is popular, the idea of the factions are cool.

Management 6/10
    BAD
    ~The animation of the building
    ~You did not give credits to the creator of the models6+
    GOOD
    ~Tooltip looks nice
    ~Good use of custom models and Icons
    ~Map is not protected

AI 2/10
    There are no real AI here. The bandits are just patroling the area.

Total points are 24/50

SonofJay's notes:

This map get low score, but it have alot of potentials, if you read my rating, you will find useful tips, and can make this a wonderful map.

If you have questions on my review, or want me to take a look on it again, feel free to ask me.

11. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Buildings have no birth animation because the buildings are built on blight, the one who plays it will think that the peasant is not building anything. I do not know why it does not show birth animation. The large scale of the map makes it less polished and more open spaced.

12. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    The Nearby Patron ability does not exist. Only select hero and select unit.

13. Iconer

Iconer

Resources:
    Resources:
    why not mk saladin n ricard war? that vry col story evar!

14. Animalpower

Animalpower

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Improve your English, so I can understand you. I thought of making that, with playable Levantine crusades, but I am not interested about the Middle East in the time of crusades. I have a lot ideas about that, but I prefer this one.