• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Ball Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hey guys, so I was trying to make the "Ball Lightning" Spells from Dota's hero Storm Spirit last night, but the Panda keep rolling to the center of the map no matter where I click the ability target point. Can somebody help me, here is the map and forgive me for bad triggering I am not really good at making trigger spells.

Attachments

• Ball Lightning Test Map.w3x
    35.7 KB · Views: 78
Level 2
I changed the event to "unit starts an effect of ability" but its still rolling to the middle

Level 2
I fixed it a little bit now, but its still not stopping correctly

heres the fixed verion

Attachments

35.7 KB · Views: 73
Last edited by a moderator:
Level 2
It still doesn't work, but it stopped when i reach the center of the map, idk why but somehow it set the target point to the center of the map

Level 2
Here's the map, the trigger might not be perfect yet.

Attachments

35.9 KB · Views: 73
Level 17
Set Ball_Lightning_Point3 = (Target point of ability being cast)

somehow this never get value also GetSpellTargetX(), Y and loc is empty or 0 even i use channel ability with point target....

lol i was blind, u paused ur unit in begning the trigger, after u pause ur unit u cant get his spelltarget (weird or no but very damn simple move unit pause to last line in trigger and work flawless)

Attachments

35.8 KB · Views: 138
Level 2
but still, the panda still sometimes turned a little slow and not face the right angle end up not meeting the target point

Level 2
i have tryed urs but sometimes when i cast the ability right after i csat another one with opposite angle then it would faced the wrong angle

Level 2
i have tryed ur map but when i cast the ability right after another one with opposite angle it will face the wrong angle

Level 2
it worked when i add a
  • Wait 0.10 second
in front of
  • Trigger - Turn on Ball Lightning Loop

Level 2
it still doesnt work sometimes, i change the casting range to 9999999 because thats how i want it, and when i target it somewhere on the mini it would faced the wrong angle

Status
Not open for further replies.