• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Ball Lightning Damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Okaaaay. Uhmmmmm. I've created a Ball Lightning-like spell using nothing more than GUI.(I don't know vJass). The Problem is, how do I make a Damage Per Second while he's in Ball Lightning Form? Thanks Hivists. :)

Btw, the spell is an imperfect replica. (He doesn't spin :( )

Again, thanks.

--:ogre_icwydt: Not sure if I'm good at GUI or just crazy. loljk. Im not good. :>

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 1,465
Level 20
1- Don't double post.
2- How're we supposed to know how the spell works and how are you managing it so we can help you? Post the triggers here or a Map Example with the triggers.

Basically the periodic damage picks every unit around the Caster every 0.03 seconds and deals either 0.03% of the damage planiifed per second (if damage is gradual or over time) or deals full damage and saves some value or boolean to the Target or CasterID to prevent damaging more than once.

As much as possible, don't use custom values unless you are sure that only that spell will use it...

I think its Raijin's Ball Lightning right? meaning it deals damage depending on how long he already travelled while in lightning form... You can save the distance moved per loop in a real variable and use that for the damage...

Status
Not open for further replies.