• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bago's Quest

Reactions: A2D
"Bago's Quest" is a custom campaign which takes part in
the world of Arath that is -> other than that presented in
Blizzard's campaigns so everything going on here doesn't
have nothing to do with the original Warcraft story.
Besides that "Bago's Quest" features
- new skins (along with some edited models)
- new spells (some trigger enhanced + custom buffs of course :) )
- new heroes
- new units (featured new spellcasters and their abilities are
desribed in point 4c.)
- some new items
- new icons
- custom loading screens (with map showing current location on Arath)
- custom music (chosen from movies and other games to fit the enviroment of the campaign)
- and other stuff which makes the campaign greatly worth playing

Campaign by: MartinezTG
Contents

Bago's Quest (Campaign)

Reviews
VGsatomi: Perhaps the longest single campaign made thus far, bago's quest has a straightforward but involving story line. Terrain was simple in most of the maps, but an overall well rounded campaign.
Level 2
All the bugs people have with this upload come from it being 1.00(the original and not 1.02(the last version) If someone has it...would be great to upload it. For old time's sake.

Level 3
There are so many bugs in this map that i cant even play it:in the first chaper i couldnt control the catapults,in the second one the aura of the hero didnt even work.Is anyone still managing this map?

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
It has interesting terrain; makes for strategic planing sometimes. It needs more diversity in what regards the gameplay.
The premise is basically a rip of Warcraft that is a rip of LotR.

second cinematic scene:
-the red orcs destroyed the bridge but after the second orange orc wave comes they all battle on an invisible bridge

chap2:
-the player starts with 100 available food slots
-Bloodthirst Aura does not give anything to anyone

-idle workers are not shown in the down right corner probably because they're not considered such as they attack like normal units upon coming in contact with enemies
-a Raider has the Slow buff and it doesn't expire
-Towers can't be repaired because they are considered organic...
-actually auras don't work at all not even the Troll Warlord's Trueshot one...

-Demolishers can't get over the hill to the dwarves. There's a slim space through where they don't fit...
-the teal don't defend their buildings with units that are not in range
-the AI does not even repair, not to mention build/rebuild
-units are selected during cinematic mode
-the dwarven Optional Quest wasn't really optional since the way to finish the level was right through their base. That quest did not finish after all their buildings were razed

chap4:
-auras still don't work. Maybe it's a patch difference glitch... It's interesting that Bago's regeneration aura worked; at least it showed on everyone it should have
-Villagers stand like they don't care
-make Villagers enemy so the player shouldn't use the Attack order...
-Shadow Strike seems to be stunning indefinitely
-Demolishers are considered organic...

-the Riflemen at the barricade in the northwest can't shoot anyone because they don't have the range upgrade researched
-this level is pretty boring, no ambushes, nothin'
-what was the role of the Ogres anyway? They were just standing like fat potatoes...

chap5:
-one of the human mages gives a slow buff that does not fade... I had to whosyourdaddy because of this. Using Purge every time is not fun...
-Bago's aura regenerates Demolishers
-they only attack with Griphons
-the Ogre hero's aura seems to be working

interlude:
-where was the Blademaster?
-illusions are ignited

chap6:
-the mage's slow buff fades in this level
-in this level you must know exactly where to go otherwise there will be no more troops in your party
-the troll camp can't be saved. There are too many human warriors and a 10th level paladin
-Zeld's Bloodrage description says the opposite "-" instead of the "+" that it gives friendly units
-the box with Resources Gained informs the wrong numbers the player has. It's no need for that box anyway...
-Troll Workers can't build anything but a tower and an Ogre hut which require something first...
-there are not enough units to reach the Gold Mine, not even one siege unit
-it seems Zeld can see armies through trees and over hills
-after finishing the building of the Great Hall the main quest updated with the Ogre hero's name must survive grayed
-well Trolls construct buildings that train orcs!?
-as the Gold Mine is placed and how buildings are supposed to be placed... it's a waste of time
-if Knur is transformed into a rock (he has three spells on him, each one being a level forth of the previous), his mana must regenerate to become normal again...

chap8:
-the Warlock's Ground Flame slows
-the mage's frozen slow bug again
-Dark Temple has no unavailable mode icon
-they send some troops through narrow places between trees

interlude:
-suddenly the Ogre king is stupid...
-there was no one coming from their backs...

chap9:
-they attack and the base can't be defended with so few troops and 1 tower
-the Phantom Double is useless if it can't be used on self or on enemy units
-the Great Hall's upgrades are very cheap... Fortress only costs 10 gold
-the enemy is not much of a challenge after reaching the south base
-killed a level 1 Tam Stonebreaker in the west base and he didn't get off the list (he was the last to kill too). They tried to revive him at the Altar. Then near their castle there was another one leveled 6

chap10:
-when did the green dragons arrive? They didn't appear at since their meeting with Bago
-how is the Eye of Darkness supposed to be a scout with that very slow movement speed?
-if the necromancer was weakened, how was he able to reanimate so many dead bodies?
-the Circle of Power's margins are a bit out in the air

chap11:
-what the heck!? 300 damage Mana Burn on that human mage...
-freezing bug again...
-human mage's body does not decay
-a road to the east seems to be blocked by an invisible force...
-how did they know there were no more Castles in the area?
-Bago can teleport just like that!?

chap12:
-Dragon Haste aura only works on the owner
-the dragon hero's acid stuns indefinitely
-Bago's hammer spell can stun buildings

chap13:
-one Iron Gate can be destroyed by Darak not requiring the demon's aid and one cannot be destroyed by either... (the first Guardian of Light encounter)
-the Moon and Sun gates close and the Baelrog remains to the west, outside
-the Prime Guardians come try to block Darak but then make some space and Darak can escape through where the spikes were supposed to be. Then they follow him to the Sphere of Endurance but after he goes north again, they don't anymore
-after reaching the sword and receiving the transmission after it's shattering, nothing happened. Darak's damage type was not turned to Chaos
-after Darak foolishly gives the sword to Uhl, the latter still does not have Chaos attack type...

chap14:
-the Far Seers seems to be the only hero with a glow
-Illusionist Master Training icon looks like it's available when actually meeting a requirement
-Kodo's War Drums don't work at all in any levels
-the blue orcs were attacking a Portal that was regenerating at full health. No one else came to attack it
-the portal is basically invulnerable even after the timer expires, blue units attack it but it still regenerates...
-the yellow AI does nothing at all...
-the Burrow and Watch Tower armour upgrade turns their armour type to Hero not Fortified
-the teal AI doesn't send troops to attack like the blue one
-Acid Spit can stun buildings
-there's a place southeast of the center of the map that doesn't want to remain revealed

chap15:
-does not load. It crashes... Can't load it in the editor. It's either protected or saved with another editor

epilogue:
-the Warlocks' skins were still green

If it weren't for those annoying bugs, things would have played smoother. Levels need more variety. Most of the gameplay is quite similar.

Level 1
Well, last comment was in 2015 so a year ago since the year we are now. I started playing this campaign in 2014 and end it with the chapter 15 crash. My opinion is that is a very nicely done campaign, interesting story(i understand it at 100%) but people which u still here reading the comments, thsi campaign was created in 2007 and last update in 2007, maybe the developer forgot to comeback and check the comments or another thing, there is no reply for his campaign anywhere, so the error will still there and we will never know what will happen at the end of the story. Thank you.

Level 14
Just going to say..... waaaay back in 2004 when I compiled Savagepotatoes Mathias Maps into it's campaign format we have today....

I also burned many MANY campaigns to a disc. if I can find said disc well...

It has Version 1.02 of Bago's Quest on it with a working Ch 15.

Level 23
Just going to say..... waaaay back in 2004 when I compiled Savagepotatoes Mathias Maps into it's campaign format we have today....

I also burned many MANY campaigns to a disc. if I can find said disc well...

It has Version 1.02 of Bago's Quest on it with a working Ch 15.
Or just tell us how it ends LOL. The fact that i worked so hard to beat this but couldn't see the ending sucks, even years after i last played it lmao

Level 23
The idea that pre 1.24 campaigns that became problematic due to the 1.24 patch can now play well on 1.32 is really interesting. I understand this to mean that they are fixing issues while working on 1.32, and some of those issues are old ones that were never fixed before. If this is correct, then this is fantastic news.

The fact that saving it on 1.32 editor and allows it to become playable on 1.31 is a little strange though. Perhaps one of the 1.29-.1.31 patches fixed the issue that 1.24 caused, and so the campaign works on when played on those patches and above. I do not know how saving a campaign on a newer patch fixes any underlying issues so that it can work on older patches whereas it once could not. Probably just means playing it on those patches auto "fixes" the issue, but that is just a guess.

Good news regardless.

Level 14
That's not what I meant. Saving older maps on newer patches might create some JASS/code issues. You could do a whosyourdaddy speedrun just in case.
Currently doing Rise of the Blood Elves V3.0

just played the Entire Blizzard Campaign start to finish with an exact remake but everything is 1.31.1 tuning instead of vanilla RoC and TFT values.

I woulda played the OFFICAL campiaigns but the Missing hero inventory on several levels in 1.31.1 is a complete deal breaker for me right now.

the 1.31.1 tuned vanilla campaigns are not listed on this website. Found it on reddit oddly enough.