• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Bad lag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok so anyways i just read through the "about" thread and it said all the towers are going to be heros. Now thats very cool sounding and all, but that means your map is gonna lag like a motha. Look at aos games where you buy a hero, the beginings of those games are always lagy because people are buying heros, but the most that gets bought are 10 or 12. In a tower defense their are going to be hundreds of heros getting created every few minutes! Now if you've already got a beta out and theres no lag then ok, but i cant imagine how that could be. The amount of lag heros add to a game is incredible, and already tower defense maps are the laggiest games out there. if you had, say 500 towers get created over the course of, lets say 40 minutes (that would be 1 tower every 4.8 seconds, not per player, just one tower every 8 seconds getting created). with 12 players that would be a piece of cake (that would mean that each player would make 1 tower every 57 seconds). only the very greatest computer could possibly handle that map with no lag (and that would be under the assumption that they were all plugged directly into the hosting server).

So im just saying, your gonna want to take the lag into consideration.

Level 36
Mine will be open beta soon enough as well. Whenever I get around to designing my 14 races lol (I have 2 of them planned out for structure so far, but I wanna get all of them down on paper before puting them into the map). And I disagree that TD's are the laggiest games. Have you ever played Footmen Frenzy? Yeah, laggiest of the popular b.net hosted games is certainly it.

Status
Not open for further replies.