1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Weave light to take you to your highest hopes - the 6th Special Effect Contest is here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Lead your forces to battle in the 15th Techtree Contest. The call is yours, commander!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Bad lag

Discussion in 'Evolution TD' started by DurotarLord, Sep 29, 2006.

1. DurotarLord

DurotarLord

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok so anyways i just read through the "about" thread and it said all the towers are going to be heros. Now thats very cool sounding and all, but that means your map is gonna lag like a motha. Look at aos games where you buy a hero, the beginings of those games are always lagy because people are buying heros, but the most that gets bought are 10 or 12. In a tower defense their are going to be hundreds of heros getting created every few minutes! Now if you've already got a beta out and theres no lag then ok, but i cant imagine how that could be. The amount of lag heros add to a game is incredible, and already tower defense maps are the laggiest games out there. if you had, say 500 towers get created over the course of, lets say 40 minutes (that would be 1 tower every 4.8 seconds, not per player, just one tower every 8 seconds getting created). with 12 players that would be a piece of cake (that would mean that each player would make 1 tower every 57 seconds). only the very greatest computer could possibly handle that map with no lag (and that would be under the assumption that they were all plugged directly into the hosting server).

So im just saying, your gonna want to take the lag into consideration.

2. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    This project never started off really, the whole forum should be deleted.

3. Archian

Archian

Site Director

Resources:
    Skins:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Yes, we will summon a "shockwave" which destroys every inactive project, in the upcoming days.

To bad, that this never got anywhere.

4. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Sounds good, only things that should be left be in the inactive projects area should be asiria and warhammer 40k. Just my personal oppinion ofc.

5. ArcticInferno

ArcticInferno

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    yea. Ansiria hasnt been updated for ages. Neither has this 'evolution TD'.

6. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Evolution TD never got kicked off properly, it's dead, don't try to sound like you know more about this than me, I was in the team, you werent.

7. ArcticInferno

ArcticInferno

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Oh cool. I know I don't know more than you. -__________-" So karasawa gave up?

8. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, I didn't do what I was supposed to do because I found out I did not like working with Karawasa in that way. The rest of the team didn't do their parts either I guess, so it just died out, no official statement or anything.

9. Shados

Shados

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well as long as no one actually deletes my currently inactive forum I'm happy, as my td is getting close to an open beta phase and it'll be good to have a place to chuck it.

-*meow*

10. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Mine will be open beta soon enough as well. Whenever I get around to designing my 14 races lol (I have 2 of them planned out for structure so far, but I wanna get all of them down on paper before puting them into the map). And I disagree that TD's are the laggiest games. Have you ever played Footmen Frenzy? Yeah, laggiest of the popular b.net hosted games is certainly it.

11. ragingspeedhorn

ragingspeedhorn

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    If you just know how to do things the right way then almost everything can be made lag free.

Only 100% lag things is overuse of units and so on at one time.

12. brad.dude03

brad.dude03

Resources:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Well, like I said look at footie frenzy. Like 12 different teams autospawning units every couple seconds, plus twelve hero units running around on top of that. If thats a not a lag generator I don't know what is

13. Shados

Shados

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Dude, it's simple. Mass tower TDs = laggy. Upgrade tower TDs = not laggy.

-*meow*

14. DurotarLord

DurotarLord

Resources:
    Resources:
    well it dont matter cause its a canceled project, but im fairly certain that with that many heros ud have been getting some bad lag.