• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azshara Temple and Dragon Romance

Status
Not open for further replies.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
Just felt like making something today. I originally began making a destroyed elven sanctum overrun by naga, but decided to do something warmer. So I added two dragons that seem to be in love... Enjoy.

Attachments

• TempleDragons.jpg
    TempleDragons.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 943
  • Temple.jpg
    Temple.jpg
    106.4 KB · Views: 811
  • TempleCloseUp.jpg
    TempleCloseUp.jpg
    121.5 KB · Views: 693
  • Forest.jpg
    Forest.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 683
  • ForestDragons.jpg
    ForestDragons.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 640
Level 24
Nice terrain! Although I personally think it looks a bit weird having all the cityscape archways making the circle, and then the ruins archway over the top of them. Maybe replace the Sunken Ruins archway with a Cityscape archway or something?

Apart from that its very nice, good tile variation and detail in the terrain, except the 4th picture, which doesn't really have any tile variation or detail in it. And it looks a bit like some of the trees don't have trunks for some reason.

frostwhisper

Media Manager
Level 49
I thought it would look a bit weird too, yet if I put another cityscape archway over there it would look too dull.

As for the 4th pic, yes they don't have trunks, cause the trunk model has to be seperately placed and I got lazy with it...

Level 24
I thought it would look a bit weird too, yet if I put another cityscape archway over there it would look too dull.

Ok, well as long as it looks better then with a cityscape archway.

As for the 4th pic, yes they don't have trunks, cause the trunk model has to be seperately placed and I got lazy with it...

Ok, well that might be a thing to consider adding, since I noticed it almost straight away when I looked at the picture.

Level 6
That is really Good, Love how you made the temple, but next time you shouldnt add the tree pictures without trunks lol, But i really love the temple. +Rep for this man

~4rankie~

Level 2
Nice teraining there especially those columns, but i think it wasn't a good idea to add those dragons.
in rest everything is cool

Level 36
2 months later, lol, still on first page >_<
I don't like it. I don't know why I don't like it and everyone else does, but to me I notice a lot of flaws. One-- Not enough undergrowth. Two-- the bumpy hill things look really bad. Three-- The temple is good, but that one arch (sunken ruins or whatever) ruins it. Four-- The trees without trunks are ugly. Five-- the end of the map is showing. Six-- well, there is no six -_-
I like your lava terrain with the chains a lot better :D

Status
Not open for further replies.