• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Shrine of the Golden Cobra - Just Another Terrain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just another terrain I developed. Hopefully it is better then my last two crap terrains, I was out of inspiration.

I got this idea earlier today when I saw /MadSen's latest terrain. Ya' know, the big shiny door. I thought I would do something similar. So I developed a Sunken Ruins Temple, gave it a door with some nice lighting, and then added some touchups like shrubs and statues.

And here is some crappy writing to get the feel for the terrain:
"As I unsheathed my blade, the ground began to shake. With a sudden jolt of adrenaline, I stepped forward and knew right away I was there. I had found the long lost Shrine of the Golden Cobra."

Last edited:
Level 9
Actually pretty good. But you could probably add a little more tile variation, and maybe add something so it doesn't look so empty in the middle. What I can see from it's inside, right? Maybe add some of those nifty rubbles to make it look like it has collapsed a little over time.

Some ancient-ish fog coming from that portal? It's a world of imagination, my friend. Create away!

Level 28
I think the idea and the consturuction is perfect, but what gives the "non-pro" feeling is the mix of textures of different qualities.

Yes, it's not your fault, but that makes your terrain earn a 3/5 or 4/5 instead of 5/5.

The doodad placement of the terrain is perfect, keep on!

Status
Not open for further replies.