• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Azeroth's Arcane Arena v1.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Ok, I've need some feedback for my map, Azeroth's Arcane Arena.

Azeroth's Arcane Arena is, as you could've guessed, a hero arena.

Among other things, it features 22 Heroes, about 90 custom spells, a duelling system, AI, a hero selection system that doesn't suck, an inventory system (backpack and equipable items), runes spawners, traps, creeps and items.

It's a teambased (3v3v3v3) arena, focused on balances. This means that I'm doing my best to make it balanced, and that it's not just a combination of puke and tomes.

It has no memory leaks (well, theoretically it may have a few), so it won't become slower as time flies.

It's a little below 600 KB, so it's easy and fast to download at Battle.net.

I like it myself, but I would like to hear what you people think about it, so go ahead, post your thoughts.

The map has been hosted at The JASS Vault, you can download it from the project forum (http://aaa.wc3jass.com) or directly at http://aaa.wc3jass.com/latest.php.

(I tried to upload it here, but because I removed WE only data to save space, wc3sear.ch's script didn't accept it).

I tried hosting the map but no one joined so I played by myself against a computer :p

Even though im not too fond of hero arenas I do think that that duel system was really cool that you can challenge your enemies! :D Surely the best thing about the map!

Also the terrain looked good and the map seemed very well balanced (well atleast for the heroes playing in that game).

Bad things is,(not to be rude) the minimap image, its horrible in my opinion, you really need a new one.

Well, all in all a good arena map, the hero choosing system was also good, much better than the usuall one where you move a wisp around! 8/10. :)

Level 7
Thanks for the feedback, I'm glad you liked it, but I would like to improve so what is it that makes you feel that the map only deserves 8/10?

Level 9
i think ive played another version thats not as good but basing of that one plus this ones big diffrence cause in the one i played it was 2v2v2v2 i say its a brilliant map great spells i realy like the guy who uses fire run the blademasters windwalk critical combo thing and pretty much all of it but i wouldrate it 5/5 for its map size since its a very small map area yet very good map

Level 7
ben_xuereb said:
i think ive played another version thats not as good but basing of that one plus this ones big diffrence cause in the one i played it was 2v2v2v2 i say its a brilliant map great spells i realy like the guy who uses fire run the blademasters windwalk critical combo thing and pretty much all of it but i wouldrate it 5/5 for its map size since its a very small map area yet very good map

Thanks :) ! The old versions (< 1.3) could've been called betas, they missed a lot of features that 1.3 and 1.4 has.

Level 9
this sounds realy good im gonna get my friend to host 1.4

EDIT: when i dl it i get a critical error messege then it just closes

Level 7
@ragingspeedhorn: I like the minimap, and by the way, it was made by one of wc3sear.ch's icon section mods. More Heroes will be added, but there won't be more duel arenas, that would suck, in my opinion.

@ben_xuereb: You can't open it with the WE. Why?

A map consist of lots of files, a map is an mpq, a format pretty similiar to .zip. Lots of these files are only used by the world editor, so by re,oving them you make the map use less space (in this case the reduction was 400 KB) but becomes un-openable with WE.

Some idiot decided to call this map protection, and now everybody calls it that, even though map protection doesn't exist, everybody can edit your map anyway, but I won't tell you how, cos that would be against the site rules. If you want to know more, read the FAQ, most of this text comes from the faq by the way.

@The_Prophet: Thanks :)

Level 11
I enjoyed ur map too, but I have a few things to say

- it was well balanced, I only found about 1 hero I could remotely exploit. I'm really good at that, I just really suck at reporting them, coz I dun want them to change. Mattering on how much I play the game (this is the only AI arena game I've ever found, props) I may or may not report him. Something I really liked was that melee and ranged heros were almost equal, since in most games melee heros fall way faster than ranged ones.

- I like the runes and stuff, but it got boring after a while. Sometimes the AI heros just stood there waiting for someone to engage them. You could add a sorta grudge addition, where AI heros will randoml form grudges and start attacking you like zrazy till they get a new grudge. The Ai isn't so good, the highest of them was lv.5 when I was lv.9, and I wiped the floor with every challenge/

- You should add team challenges where 1 team faces the other.

- The terrain isn't so good, but few arenas have good terrain.

- it gets boring after repetetive killing and stuff, and the kill messages are always the same. Maybe add some minigames or something

Status
Not open for further replies.