• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

My Map: "Bloodfang Arena"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Hi guys,

I'm working on my first Arena Map. I'd like to put also some special things in this arena, like Elevators, Gates, etc. in it. It should be a bit like Angel Arena, but a bit more special. A little mix of Arena and DotA :D

First, I'm using some Models and Icons, I think, every good Arena Map will look, with something like that, good. But what for a Hero-Choosing system is good for a Arena Map? A system with Whisps, Runes and Circles (Warchasers-like), or Taverns? And then, is it good to use elevators to get into special places? Is it good to make hidden Shops in the arena?

I hope you can give me some tips.
Thanks for the upcoming help.
greez, Wrathblade.

Level 3
Your game idea is exactly what I was working on awhile back, i think the circle of power with wisp pick is a go system to good by for hero picking, you dont wanna make a map thats too much like dota...

Hidden shops, elevators and gates placed right would make a good game.
For a real good game you want to have LOTS of different items and item combinations, like crafting type stuff(makes more interesting).

Level 2
I thought about a Item crafting system, but my skill in making good triggers is not so good. Don't you have a idea how to make this system. I would give you credits then, in my map.

Status
Not open for further replies.