• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warbringers - A new type of Hero Arena

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 19
[WIP] Warbringers - A new type of Hero Arena

Warbringers
a story that never ends

Map Description:
  • Warbringers is a absolutely new-type (AFAIK) of a hero-arena, that involves creating an superior type of map with incredibly custom and efficient gameplay. In generally the map goal is to give the players, a maximum enjoyment of playing an new stylish arena with their friends among the fields of battle-net.

What is done so far:
  • Ability System
  • Streak System
  • 2 type of arenas with different sizes (one for 2v2 & 3v3 and one for 4v4 and 5v5)
  • 10 different type of heroes
  • Arena Selection on initialiazation
  • Rune system

What will be added:
  • Item Restriction system that allows heroes to wear only 1 item of each type (armor, helm, boots, amulets, shields, etc.)
  • Save/Load system (maybe, still considering it)
  • More heroes, at least 20 (the goal is to make it 40)
  • Lots of custom items (no potions will be used)
  • Achiement point system, allowing players to buy various items as they earn more achievements.
  • At least 2 more fully customazied arenas (yes, the map will contain more than 1 battlezone)
  • Random Event generator (I already has one, but it needs some more things to be added/fixed)
  • End-game statistics tracker, that will show the final results for the game.
  • Round Based system, to control the number of rounds so the map will not continue forever

Suggestions, ideas and feedback is highly appreciated so I will know if the idea is worthy to finish it. I will try to keep the updates in time and release the beta version as soon as I finish most of the things that the map must have.

Arena: Ancient Ruins (beta)
72182d1262039464-warbringers-new-type-hero-arena-arena-ancientruins-.png

Arena: Lost Temple (final)
attachment.php

PROGRESS:
  • Triggers: ===== (10%)
  • Heroes: ===== (10%)
  • Terrain: ===== (100%)
  • Items: ===== (0%)
  • Spells: ===== (15%)

Attachments

• Arena(AncientRuins).PNG
    Arena(AncientRuins).PNG
    1.2 MB · Views: 320
  • Arena(LostTemple).PNG
    Arena(LostTemple).PNG
    1.3 MB · Views: 379
Last edited:
Level 22
bah it is way intresting :)

just a point, terrain seems ... flat, use doodads pointing at UTM, good source for doodads ;)

ability system ... sounds ... exclusive and weird, explain please (A)

if you want the save and load system I think you should atleast make some kind of point rankings system and then the map should or could shuffle the teams based on what ranking score they have

else it is looking good :)

Level 19
The ability system allows you to learn spell when you level-up in the arena, but its automatically. Abilities require a different level to be used, and they upgrade once you reach the needed level.

For example, your first ability is available at level 1, and it will be upgraded every 2 (2, 4, 6, 8) levels.

Arenas terrains was made realy quickly, I didn't had any time to finish them as well, without any custom doodads models.

Achievement system will be playing the role of a point-ranking system, if I ever finish it ...

Thanks for the comment.

Level 18
MortAr- said:
Warbringers is a absolutely new-type (AFAIK) of a hero-arena, that involves creating an superior type of map with incredibly custom and efficient gameplay

You say its a new type of map, then you classify it as a hero arena. So contradictory. What exactly does it mean to have a map "with incredibly custom"?

Status
Not open for further replies.