• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Azeroth Goldrush 2.07c

History

Azeroth Goldrush is an altered Hero Arena style map for Warcraft 3 expansion pack, The Forzen Throne. It was first developed by DoOs_101 who made the original versions of Goldrush, a mini-game style map yet known to be. Now it has been handed to Jade Wars developing team, under the executive of DoOs_101. Under the control of this newly developer group, Azeroth Goldrush is focused to be more competitive, entertaining, and strategic. Our long term expectations is to compete with the most frequently played map, DotA Allstars and introduce Warcraft 3 gamers an online system which we call JadeRankings that introduces the players an exciting level of gaming.

Game Description

Azeroth Goldrush is an altered Hero Arena style map and can be played under the conditions of various game modes. The dimension of the map is 98x98, which suits the needs of an arena style. This map can be played by a maximum of 10 players that translates into 5 versus 5, other than that 4 versus 4 or 3 versus 3 can still apply.

The notion of the game is to start by choosing a hero from taverns that appear at the start of the game. Each hero has its own purposes, strengths, weaknesses, attributes, and unique skills. The success of the game is determined mainly by the cooperation of each hero in a team. As the battle between two teams strike hard, heroes will gain level and to a maximum level of 16.

Danger will endure in this flood of unstoppable battle, surviving from enemy heroes and the wilderness will be tough. Nonetheless, there are items that can support the needs of each hero and there are units that can be recruited from a Barrack, which can help each hero fight through the dangers.

Above all, the multiple game modes that make the game play under certain conditions will all deal with Gold Mines/Gold Shrines. These Gold Shrines will appear like a magical box that glows yellow and there are 5 Gold Shrines in the map. For each game modes, heroes will have to interact with these Gold Shrines and it can be done by using an ability called Capture (Hotkey: Q) which all heroes have. The ending of the game and a team’s victory will depend on the conditions that are applied by a game mode. Only 1 game mode applies to a game and can be done by the first player typing a corresponding short label of the game mode.

Game Modes

Conquest
String command: -co
There are two teams; each team gets 200 force points. The first team that causes the opposing team to lose their force points to 0 will win. A team can cause the opposing team to lose a force point in two ways. First, killing an enemy hero will reduce the opposing team’s force points by 1. Second, capturing a gold mine/gold shrine will cause the opponent to lose 1 force point periodically (the periodic time is determined by the game speed). If multiple gold mines/gold shrines are captured, the amount of force points the opponent team loses will stack, thus having more captured gold mines/gold shrines will cause the opposing team’s force points to lose faster.

Expansion
String command: -ex
There are two teams; each team must conquer all five gold mines/gold shrines that exist in the map. If a team conquers all five, there will be a 5 minute period where the opposing team have to retake over 1 gold mine, else they will lose.

Deathmatch
String command: -dm
There are two teams; each team will start with 0 score. If a team reaches the maximum amount of score, it will win the game. The maximum amount of score is determined by the game speed, the default maximum amount of score is 30. A team can gain a score by killing an enemy hero. A team can also gain 3 scores by capturing a gold mine/gold shrine.

Rankings

JadeWars provides a unique competitive expirience to Warcraft III gamers around the world. We are proud to deliver the first online ranking system that can be integrated with Warcraft III custom maps. The online rank table can be accessed through the official site at www.jade-wars.com. Our online ranking system can process encrypted codes that players get from playing JadeWars integrated maps. We use this encrypted code to collect player data and use it to sort players that are registered in our JadeWars rank table. In general, when you play maps that are JadeWars integrated, you will receive an encrypted code that will likely help improve your reputation in JadeWars. This unique encrypted code is what the online ranking system uses to extract the scores or reputation from registered accounts that have uploaded their code into the website. To join the online rankings, you will need to setup an account first. Make sure to fill in the required data fields and that you fill in the battle.net id that you use to play our maps. The battle.net id that you fill in must match the one that the encrypted code uses to authenticate. After your account is setup, if you don’t have a code, start playing one of our maps. Winning a game will get you +2 score, losing a game will get you only +1 score. The encrypted code will be given to you at the end of the game. Once you receive this code, upload it to your account in this website. When playing another game, you will need to load your progress using your current code. Keep doing this and you will be one of the top players in our rank table!

Keywords:
azeroth, goldrush, hero, arena, cave, gold,
Contents

Azeroth Goldrush 2.07c (Map)

Level 12
Why don't you bother browsing the website, or threads of goldrush to find out what it is about. Is not like I made them for a display, and you've never seen a changelog before?

Edit its not 1.4 its 1.94* typo my bad

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 9
I love it! And now its got AI+Jass, when was that added?
Anyway keep up the good work!

Level 9
Hmmmm, so the AI was for the defensive unit...
Well over all the map was pretty good, what testing I could do in single player was really impressive... The new heros are good but what I really want to see is proper player AI, I know alot of map makers don't like AI because it ruins the intended gameplay but I think it might work well in future versions...
If you do want to make AI for Goldrush, i could do it for you ( or at least give it a try ).
Give it a thought...

Level 12
Hey thx for your help I'm actually making an AI for goldrush. Thats why I've been active in jass vault lately. The AI I've designed however is inefficient and takes up alot of space. Maybe yur expirienced enough with system AI designing? thanks, pm me if ur interested.

Level 9
Hmmm,
i found a very strange bug.
I was playing with the team on the right and whenever I trained a unit it would join the left team, it would then mine the same goldmine as me just for the other team. It was also coloured for my team...

Level 9
New version cool,

I'll cheak it out...
Have you ever thought of extending the terrain and adding more gold mines ( not carts ), missions and creeps?
It would be nice as the area is rather small and constant what with only one race of creeps at a time...

EDIT:

Played the map and I'm very impressed with the AI, however i did find a few bugs.

The leaderboard does not display AI hero Icons.

The leaderboard sometimes displays incorrect kills and deaths.

AI sometimes send miners at your base.

My townhall was attacked.

My units spawned for the opposite team.

Theres a typo in the ice mage hero where its says in the preview that her ultimate is Last Breath but the ability says Final Breath.

AI chooses heros before you, not a bug just very annoying...

Thats all I got at the moment, if you need any help don't be afraid to ask.
- Keep up the good work!

Level 9
I played it again and :
- Azeroth's multiboard is the one giving problems.
- Azeroth miners and soldiers sometimes spawn at the Azeroth base, are coloured like thier proper owner and mine from his gold cart but belong to Lordoron ( to be more specific ).
The (x) gold to victory messages seem wrong, at 10 000 it says something like 10 000 gold remaining and is very confusing.
I could not exit the final cinematic.
Soldiers are too weak and being upgradeale would be nice.
It would be nice to be able to choose the number of required kills to win a deathmatach e.g -dm 99 .
Looking forward to v1.97

Level 9
More things to note :
- The AI seems to not have a flee function, as they never run from a fight regardless of how low their health is.
- The soldiers sometimes chase enemies instead of protecting the miners.
- Miners can mine from creep inhabited mines, without wakeing the creeps. Which seems rather pointless to me.
- The "+1 Food" texttag is displayed to all players, fix this with
JASS:
 if p = GetLocalPlayer() then
, where p is the owner of the killing unit. All your local player only actions must be inside the if and must be purely visual to aviod de-syncs.
Regarding the thread, inform me if you prefer me to post these messages there rather than here.

Level 12
New version! enjoy, for more information visit the official website. This map also features an online ranking system! You can play, get ranked in-game, and also get ranked in the website. All you need to do is follow a simple procedure and is to keep track of your code. The website provides a user friendly access to your code. Every time you play, use it to load, and afterwards use the updated code to update the code in the website.

Have fun! Good luck competing!

Level 3
Well the Game itself seems like a lot of work has gone into it, but there is a huge flaw in this all. You make it sound like your shit don't stink. You have a weird load screen as if im starting up some MMO. You try and pretend like this whole project don't even belong on wc3. I mean come on.. I laughed a few times at some of the stuff i read. You need to come down to earth or go code your own game.
3/5 game was blah nothing new really.

Level 10
Well the Game itself seems like a lot of work has gone into it, but there is a huge flaw in this all. You make it sound like your shit don't stink. You have a weird load screen as if im starting up some MMO. You try and pretend like this whole project don't even belong on wc3. I mean come on.. I laughed a few times at some of the stuff i read. You need to come down to earth or go code your own game.

Okay, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND any of your words.
Write it in correct English, noobz.

IMO your comment doesn't content any useful points.
I see you like to abuse other user with your harsh and useless comments.

Level 12

Ur right. That game stinks actually. The gameplay is flawed.

However, to be honest, just making this stinky game earns me 750 dollars already through google ads. The ranking system proves worthy, and indeed, it pwnz ur noobish comment.

Level 3
Okay, I DO NOT UNDERSTAND any of your words.
Write it in correct English, noobz.

IMO your comment doesn't content any useful points.
I see you like to abuse other user with your harsh and useless comments.

Meh i guess you got a point. But i still laugh every time i pass it on my list of games. for the bad english part, umm what?

Level 2
yehh please FIX THE MAP it's awesome ... it lose i ges :( but i remember reasently that i have ton on fun whit it